Ever get good and mad at somebody who doesn't know a thing about "D"? I'd like to read a few dumb statements. I would like to collect them, print them out, and give 'em to those folks. Recently I had a relative who said "drinking Coca-Cola every day will give you diabetes" huh? wha? yeah, right! Keep it clean; children read these posts too.

Views: 2816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Someone probably already said this. I always get this statement. wow, you look really good to be a diabetic.

Another statement is So, how is your diabetes doing?

I'm like, oh they're fine, I'll tell 'em you asked about them.

LOL - oh they're fine... Made my day :)

Soon after my daughter was diagnosed at 4 1/2 yrs old, one of my friends said "just get her a pancreas transplant".... I just responded "they don't do that" and changed the subject but in my mind I was punching her in the face :)

You should have been like "Why not, can you go to the supermarket and pick us up one then? I hear they're very easy to come by"

Mental face punch, I like it!

My crazy thing people say...

Went to the store this morning, Wal-Mart cause it was open early and I ran out of strips last night, have had some wicked lows a couple of times last week so I was really going through them, insurance MIGHT pay for them early BUT I needed them now, not when Target opened up a few hours later. So Im like screw it will go to Wal-Mart, pick up a small container to tide me over till I can get to Target and get them filled there.

So Im in line, and I had picked up a few more things I needed like glucose tabs, cause some days I pop them all day long TRYING to stay high enough, but if I cut back then I run high all day, so its a fun balancing game.

Anyway long story short, Im at the check out, all my stuff on the counter and the lady making conversation I guess notices all the stuff Im buying and says to me, LOL you gotta love this one.

"OH someone has diabetes?" Im like NO idiot Im buying all this stuff for $hits and giggles. First of all its early Im not a morning person, second of all stupid people p*** me off. I just kinda glared at the lady and said um YEAH someone is.

I've had some uncomfortable experiences at Wal-Mart. "Oh wow, you have diabetes, test strips are expensive" Dude, not helping!

LOL YES I GOT THAT TOO!!! I hate Wal-Mart. Only go there when I absolutely have too.

Lol! Gotta love it I have a "type 1 diabetic medical alert tattoo" and someone recently asked me if I was really diabetic? that was exactly what I thought in my head "no I just branded myself for s*its & giggles" lol!

But what are you going to do about that tattoo when they find a cure????? Wouldn't it be fun to say "I used to be!" :-)

when they find the cure I will wear it proudly and add the "used to be" to it :-)

Pancreas on sale this week! Only $1.49/lb. Limited quantities. Limit 2 per customer. Only at your local Safeway! Fresh, never frozen.

my mom offered her pancreas to my son (once she was dead, of course).

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service