February's question for consideration (and blogging, and discussion, and videos...) is:

Imagine that the extra day in February that comes around every leap year was a day without diabetes. What would you do?

I find it almost impossible to imagine, and I'm sure I couldn't stop worrying about my blood sugar, no matter what.  But it's still interesting to ponder... I think I'd wake up and laugh, then cry, and laugh, and cry .... And then I'd go to a restaurant and have waffles with butter and syrup.  And then .... I don't know

What would you do?  Write your thoughts below, or write a blog about it and post the link in the discussion feed below!

Tags: leap, theme, year

Views: 1934

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would exercise worry free and enjoy no testing and injections for the day. Then maybe have a waffle mint chocolate chip ice cream cone:)

I know what I'm doing. http://www.frizbian.com/2012/02/diabetes-free-day/

Thanks for the blog topic.

I would dance in the shower. Twirl and twirl like no tubing is attached to me. And then I would go out to sushi and enjoy not pretending I could count however many carbs that was.

What a dream! But I love to dream about a better world so I can't dream of a day without you my so sweet type 1. So no insulins, no glucometers, no carbs to count...well... oh! I will go to the best "Pâtisserie" of my town and eat all those such pretty cakes,...this one please and the others, just behind the first one. Maybe a small voice inside my brain will tell me "Brigitte you eat too much, and you forget to do your injection, please stop ! NO because today I'm FREE. But it's only a dream and what a dream!

I would probably get up and check my BG b/c I am so used to doing it. Then after looking at the calendar I would realize this is my D free day. The only thing I would indulge in is a piece of lemon-merengue pie with a graham cracker crust. That used to be my favorite and I haven't had it since I was dx'ed. The other food that I eat now I do like and wouldn't add anything else.
I can almost taste the pie. Yum !!!!

lol wake up and test and be happy that your sugars are so good!

That's a good one! LOL...

I would drive farther than 3 miles down the road. My diabetes are linked to my seizures. Go to Chill and eat all the frozen yogurt that I wanted. I would go to the land of CandyLand and eat all the candy I wanted. I would go dance the night away and have a few drinks!

I would live my life without worry. I would not be concerned about being too low or too high. Did I pack all of the supplies with me to leave home for XXX number of hours? Did I pack a snack?

Waffles sound good. Not sure I would go for them, maybe just a bowl of strawberries sprinkled with sugar. A nice tall glass of real 100% orange juice would be terrific! For me, any liquid form of sugar makes me so sick, I avoid it almost entirely. Maybe when I get my pump in a couple of weeks, I can have a glass (even a small one) now and then. I am about to get my 1st insulin pump ever. Decades of being a diabetic and I am going to be a Pumper! Wish me luck!

I know that I can do the exercise that i like or sports without worrying about lows along the way and eat whatever I want without worrying about how many carbs are in it or fat that may spike my glucose. I'd do the things that i like to do for fun and more.

eat pizza

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service