What fruit do you find makes your BG's go up more?

Yesterday, we had watermelon, well I should say we pigged out on 1/2 of a watermelon. Plus we had ww pasta for dinner. OMG! This am my BG's were 300!!!!! Never not even after cortisone are my numbers that high. What did I learn, portion control is important, and watermelon is filled water, AND sugars.....duh! I knew that!

I love fruit, I adore this time of year when the fruits are plentiful and good. Yet, I have learned every summer that too much fruit isn't a good thing, peaches, watermelon, grapes, etc are among my most likely to raise BG's....all things in moderation.

How about you?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a T2, I usually eat 2-3 servings of fruits each day, but usually blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes or apples. I eat them with walnuts or hazelnuts plus a fiber mix called Superseed and it doesn't raise my BG as much as say eating fruits alone. Sometimes I follow up with cardio an hour or two after eating fruits. And I never eat fruits in the morning, always stick to lunch time.
I have found that cantaloupe is a good fruit for me, but not on an empty stomach. I used to eat it alone for breakfast, Now I eat it with my lunch or dinner meal. Blueberries are good for me too, but so expensive here for some reason.
Cherries. Oh my, cherries are bad!
And I just bought a big bag of fresh cherries....have to go lightly on them...maybe freeze some for next winter.
Everything in moderation and portion control!
Oranges are probably my favorite, but they sure don't like my D! Also grapes will send me way up.
Pineapple, grapes, and watermelon. Cantaloupe and honeydew are 'medium' for me. Berries are good for me - strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries. Peaches, nectarines and plums are also medium - I can have one.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service