Trying to find Type 1's, MDI or pumpers interested in getting together for info sharing.  I'm near Lake Orion-Clarkston and thought somewhere around the Great Lakes Crossing area might be good or along that I75 stretch.

Anyone????

Tags: 1, MDI, Pumpers, Type, meeting

Views: 24

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds great. I have to borrow a car, I hurt my foot and can't drive my stick shift because of it. 1 or 2 will work. :-)
Sorry about the foot! Hopefully we'll here from the rest.
These times work for me. I will stay tuned for the final decision of 1 or 2!
OK! Calling all north Detroit Diabetics!! Having a get together at the Starbucks at 5385 Crooks Rd. (I -75 to Crooks exit) at 1pm on Sunday March 7th. If you can make it between 1 and 2 please come. Feel free to bring significant others. Maybe we can start a real support group for Type 1's in this area.
It was nice to meet you and Scott today Barb, thank you both very much for an informational meet up.
Great meeting you guys, had a good time! We plan on doing it again soon so anyone in the Metro Detroit area interested please let us know!!
I was there......never saw anyone! I guess we should make a sign or something. I'm disappointed!!
We too are disappointed!
Where you at the Starbucks at 16 and Crooks?
We met at the Starbucks on Crooks at the I-75/Crooks Road exit.
There will be another meet up planned, we will make sure we are all on the same page!
Oh no! I watched for people but you must have slipped by!! We'll have to all wear carnations! Hopefully in a month or so we can try again!
I would have needed a sign if I did not look so confused looking around the place before Barb noticed me. I realized I did not know what anyone looked like until when I got there of course. Sorry we missed you!
Are there any plans to do this again? I promise I will not run off like I had to the last time I can drive my car now. :)
Sure, anytime. Any Sunday after noon this month works for me. If another time or day is better, just let us know. We've got a possible 6 people interested, it would be great if we can all come. I'll post another blog on the main site and see if we get anymore.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service