Girls...what diabetes supplies do you carry in your purse for emergencies? Boys...feel free to respond on what you carry as well.

I feel like my purse weights 15lbs. I wonder if I'm too prepared or not???

Views: 2887

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can usually find the rockets like at Stop-n-Go or at gas stations. I've stopped carring candy with me and in my car due to family members and friends tend to get into the candy when I need it.

I have a sister who use to go into my med bag all the time and dig out candy and eat it and when I needed it, it wasn't there.

Ooooo....pretty!!!

Incidentally (because I saw it in someone's photo), part of my "downsizing" was finding an alternative to the HUGE meter case that comes with the OneTouch Ping (and probably the OneTouch meter that comes with the Minimed pumps in the U.S., by the looks of it).

Instead, I use a case made for the Accu-Chek Aviva Nano which fits the meter and Multiclix perfectly and is literally about half the size of the OneTouch case:

This is a fun thread! I love seeing everyone's gear solutions. Keep those photos coming, folks!

I'm really enjoying this thread, too! Makes me wonder if we should start a "Diabetes Gear" group to share photos of our diabetes gear and various things we do to make it more convenient. :)

Just leave the thread! It's a handier place for a new person to 1) scroll through options 2) new people to join the community.

I just find threads eventually get buried and lost ...

I, too, feel like a bad diabetic with the minimalistic diabetes gear I keep in my purse.

I have my little meter, whatever's left in the bottle of strips, half a handful of lancets, only because they came with the meter, my. . .what do you call those things? A finger pricker?, a tube of glucose tabs and a glucagon.

Living with 3 women I don't need a purse. My reading glasses, wallet, Mars bar and phone are divided between the 3 of them. I just lost my 3rd Android phone and since loosing my 3rd Nikon and tele, lenses(left under the seat of a hire car). I am no longer trusted with anything of value! So tough on you folk. It's wonderful being nurtured in the bosom of ones family! Oh! I am allowed to carry my own guitar and case, but I have to walk in the middle haha!

Insulin pen, meter, sugar packets. To be honest, I go as lightweight as I possibly can. This is of course when I'm out and about but know I can get home easily...if I am sleeping over or on a hiking trip somewhere, I have to be better prepared.

Hmmm only meter and spare pump supplies (batts, infusion set) + low treatment (some jb's). Plus a insulin pen incase pump fails.

I understand completely, Although I an thinking that type I might have more things to carry with them, I can't say for sure. Being a type II, I have my meter case, and all that entails, and then to prevent lows, I have my supply of glucose tablets, and then of course medical information, just in case, My purse does weigh a lot and I didn't understand why my shoulders hurt, Some one could make a lot of $$ if they could figure out how to make a handy-dandy carry all that wasn't like a suitcase and looked jazzy.....

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service