Giving myself a big public pat on the back...come in here and celebrate your recent accomplishments!

I just needed to come on here and give myself a big pat on the back. Since Sept 2011, I've finally decided to get back on course after having T1 and pumping for almost 10 years. Until about 2007 I was doing great with A1Cs in the 7s, but from 2007 until now I let my numbers slip all the way up to the high 9s.

Went to the Endo two weeks ago as a followup to my Sept 2011 visit and my A1c went from 9.3 to 8.5! I haven't changed too much, maybe just some more testing (well...a lot more testing) and some small adjustment to basal rates. Every day lately I look at my numbers and am amazed that almost all of them are below 180! I used to go days before seeing a number below 200 and now it's more unusual to see myself get that high unless I test right after a big meal.

My next goals are getting back to the gym and getting away from some of the higher glycemic index foods that I eat.

Have you accomplished anything you're proud of lately? Do you have any changes you're hoping to get established? I'm excited to hear what you all are doing as motiviation to keep at it!

Views: 431

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used a Minimed pump for about a year and a half and things were going fine with the exception of 3 pump failers during that time. I became frustrated with not knowing when it was going to work and when it wasn't. So, I switched to an Animas Ping:). But the transition was not simple and it required that I send my Minimed back first. Once that was done and verified, my insurance company had to be reimbursed then I could start the process of getting another pump. So, that meant that I had to go back to injections for a little over 3 months. during that time, my A1c went up to 9.5:(. After going on my Animas, at my 3 month visit two weeks ago, my A1c was down to 7.6! I am very happy and thank you for allowing me to share this with everyone.

Kelly good for you!

My recent accomplishment was launching my website- www.wearediabetes.org! Its an organization I have founded that is dedicated to promoting awareness of the prevalent eating disorder Diabulimia. Studies show 1 in 3 type 1 diabetics intentionally omit their insulin in order to lose weight and the consequences are deadly. I am devoted to helping those who suffer from this illness as well as providing resources foe the Healthcare community so they can better help and treat patients who suffer from this.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, Tudiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service