Yup another hypo. Normally they allow to to sign a release form but this time being I couldn't answer some rather simple questions do to being buzzy they insisted I go to the hospital. I told them it was 100% my sugar and because I couldn't think clearly to answer they made me go. I told them I didn't have insurance and they said I could actually sign a release form when I arrived but after the Doc came in and was still groggy from the glucose low and afterward spike he said they needed to run some tests to be safe before releasing me. Now I am going to assume this bill will be in the thousands of dollars despite all they did was test a few things,,, EKG, blood cell count, blood pressure, kidney function. I am beyond livid that I will be responsible to pay this when I knew it was my sugar. The ER doctor was very nice and I explained to him my problem with my sugar levels. He said he's never heard of a level of 185 which was where my sugar was impairing anyones thought process so to be safe insisted to run further tests. This is the icing on the cake, If someone doesn't figure out how, why and find a solution to the nasty symptoms I experience of sugars post 100 feeling much higher then that I don't see myself being around much longer. Had my mom again not heard me fall I would have been a goner.

Views: 997

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

true, an ER doc is not going to know too much about blood sugars, they typically see (in the ER) folks presenting with extremely high blood sugars so 180 to them won't seem high and none of them know, unless they have this stupid disease, what it 'feels' like. I'm sorry to hear Karen and Gary, you're both feeling badly. There is a huge emotional component to this too. Sometimes an antidepressant can help with some of this stuff.

...or extremely low blood sugars?

Ive seen these only in one guy i knew,his a type 1 diabetic and experiances hypo-symptoms when he goes under 200 and collapses at 100,this is an extremly rare type(like 1:10000 type 1 diabetics).I dont think it even has a medical name for it.Gary what kind of symptoms do you get exatly between 100-200?

I think that this discussion is not active,,toomanyneedles.
Correct me if I am wrong, admnistrators, but I believe that the OP, Gary, is no longer a member of Tudiabetes.

God Bless
Brunetta

Yes, unfortunately, Gary is no longer a member of our community.

Was that by choice, Brian? (If you are free to answer that question)

When members leave, it is a private matter and we do not speak or speculate on the reasons. Personally, I consider all those who have left to still be a part of our community.

I sort of understand that as a protection of people's privacy,and online sites have privacy rules. Though it feels a bit uncomfortable to suggest that non-admin people "can not speculate" if they wish.

In "real life" people are interested in what happens to someone who disappears from their midst. It can be more disconcerting when someone in an online community disappears because it's like they are here and then one day you notice you haven't heard from them for awhile. Or it comes up, like this, that they are no longer a part of the community. If one of us were be hospitalized, disabled, die or go to prison, we might never know unless a relative who knew they were a part of our community got online to tell us.

Perhaps someone who is not administration and is free to say will choose to share. Many people on this site have put a large amount of time and effort into trying to help Gary even when it was frustrating, which I think beautifully demonstrated the caring nature of our community. I would like to know at least that he's ok

I'm certainly speculating. Perhaps I argued with Gary a lot but, occasionally (e.g. this thread...), I'd like to think that I got along ok w/ him, since we both like Van Halen and all that.

Yes, it does seem you had a connection with him on music things; but I think that even when we "argued" with him it was always in an attempt to help him. In a way how people in this community respond to someone who is "difficult" or "doesn't get it" especially over time, is a real statement of the culture of caring and being willing to help and not judge that is so amazing about this community

It's always sad when someone leaves. I thought the community was incredibly patient with Gary, and invariably polite, despite the fact that every suggestion was parried and then rejected.

He didn't come here to get help but rather to seek sympathy. He got plenty of that along with a good dose of help. Unfortunately the help suggested to him was not of the kind he wanted and he was to hear nothing of it. There was never a response given to him that wasn't given with the best intentions.

I hate it that he has left because we can all use the support we get here. I hope he has found some place else to satisfy his needs.

Gary S

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service