Let's be honest here. Not all of us take care of ourselves as well as we should. So, confess! Have you ever:

-Skipped a shot by accident?
-Skipped a shot on purpose?
-Had an almost fatal low?
-Passed out / fainted / had a seizure because of a low or high?
-Not checked your sugar for long periods of time?
-Used your diabetes as an excuse to get out of something?
-Made up numbers to fill up your logbook?
-(For people whose doctors actually go through their machines) Checked your sugar, changed the ti-me and date, then checked it again?
-Gotten really angry and yelled at a doctor who told you you "weren't trying hard enough"?
-Made up an excuse so your parents would re-schedule your appoinment with the endo?

I'm curious, because you would never admit to this stuff with your parents or doctor, right?

Views: 216

Replies to This Discussion

-Skipped a shot by accident? Yep
-Skipped a shot on purpose? Nope
-Had an almost fatal low? No
-Passed out / fainted / had a seizure because of a low or high? Came close, (24) but I was still awake
-Not checked your sugar for long periods of time? Sometimes in the summer I'll only check like once a day
-Used your diabetes as an excuse to get out of something? yes, used it to get out of class a few times... and to get out of eating sardines
-Made up numbers to fill up your logbook? don't use one
-(For people whose doctors actually go through their machines) Checked your sugar, changed the ti-me and date, then checked it again? don't have a doctor
-Gotten really angry and yelled at a doctor who told you you "weren't trying hard enough"? see above
-Made up an excuse so your parents would re-schedule your appoinment with the endo? see 2 above
-Skipped a shot by accident?- haha of course!! its hard not to in almost 10 years!
-Skipped a shot on purpose?-yah, thought it wasnt important enough :/
-Had an almost fatal low? - I was 20-something at camp in 5th grade and didnt know it till a friend said I looked funny :D
-Passed out / fainted / had a seizure because of a low or high? - No, but I have been in 2 alert comas from highs
-Not checked your sugar for long periods of time? - When I was like 12 there was times I went as much as 2 days D:
-Used your diabetes as an excuse to get out of something? - Shamefully, sometimes, but I try not to
-Made up numbers to fill up your logbook? - Never kept a logbook
-(For people whose doctors actually go through their machines) Checked your sugar, changed the ti-me and date, then checked it again? - i wasnt smart enough to think of this :P
-Gotten really angry and yelled at a doctor who told you you "weren't trying hard enough"? - I hold in my emotions and just stop talking :)
-Made up an excuse so your parents would re-schedule your appoinment with the endo? - No just been having my heart beating a hundred miles an hour when I know I have not been doing good. I used to hate that s%&t!!
-Skipped a shot by accident?
Yes
-Skipped a shot on purpose?
Yes
-Had an almost fatal low?
Don't think so!
-Passed out / fainted / had a seizure because of a low or high?
No
-Not checked your sugar for long periods of time?
Yes
-Used your diabetes as an excuse to get out of something?
Yes haha
-Made up numbers to fill up your logbook?
Yes
-(For people whose doctors actually go through their machines) Checked your sugar, changed the ti-me and date, then checked it again?
Nooo
-Gotten really angry and yelled at a doctor who told you you "weren't trying hard enough"?
I've wanted to!!!!
-Made up an excuse so your parents would re-schedule your appoinment with the endo?
Nooo I've tried but failed
-Yes.
-No. never.
-Yes.
-Yes, because of a low.
-Yes. I spent a couple of years testing my blood sugar once every month or two (but that's different now :)
-Yes
-No
-No
-No
-Yes
hehe... oops i forgot i already posted here *deletes post*
1. yes
2. unfortunately many times
3. no
4.almost passed out with a high
5.yeah for like 2 weeks
6.yes
7. i did that today
8.no
9. no doctors told me that so no
10. no i like going

My doctor would freak out if she knew i used to skip shots for weeks
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes
9. Not yelled, but angry yes
10. Nope
1. yes
2. no
3. yes
4. yes
5. yes
6. yes
7. no
8. no
9. no
10. no

11. maybe
-Skipped a shot by accident? Yes :(
-Skipped a shot on purpose? No
-Had an almost fatal low? 4 times
-Passed out / fainted / had a seizure because of a low or high? 3 Times
-Not checked your sugar for long periods of time? No
-Used your diabetes as an excuse to get out of something? I have then felt bad.
-Made up numbers to fill up your logbook? I used to; got in huge amounts of trouble when doctor found out.
-(For people whose doctors actually go through their machines) Checked your sugar, changed the ti-me and date, then checked it again? Nope didnt think of it.
-Gotten really angry and yelled at a doctor who told you you "weren't trying hard enough"? I never yelled but got mad.
-Made up an excuse so your parents would re-schedule your appoinment with the endo? Nope
1- No
2- no
3- yess, i had a really bad low where i could not remember my name once
4- no
5- yes
6- hahah yep
7-no
8-no
9-yes
10-yes

i think everyone uses there diabetes as an excuse sometimes, but why not. if you have an excuse, use it ahah
1. yup
2. yup
3. nope
4. yup
5. yup
6. nope
7. yup
8. nope
9. nope
10. nope

Being a teenager is hard. You have to try to fit in somewhere. But being a teenager with Diabetes is very hard. I didnt tell my friends I was diabetic untill I knew they wouldnt ditch me as a friend. And I never checked my blood at school.
-Skipped a shot by accident? Who Hasnt?
-Skipped a shot on purpose? Yepp, a few times :/
-Had an almost fatal low? ahhh just a few
-Passed out / fainted / had a seizure because of a low or high?not yet, thankgod.
-Not checked your sugar for long periods of time? nope, ever day 3-4 times a day.
-Used your diabetes as an excuse to get out of something? sure have ;D Im horrible.
-Made up numbers to fill up your logbook? a few years back lol.

-(For people whose doctors actually go through their machines) Checked your sugar, changed the ti-me and date, then checked it again? No

-Gotten really angry and yelled at a doctor who told you you "weren't trying hard enough"? Nope, my doctors are amazing!

-Made up an excuse so your parents would re-schedule your appoinment with the endo? Sure have, this month around ; i needed more time to get my bgl lower.. however - that hasnt worked ):

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service