I realize this is a ridiculous post but I am actually worried about this because I have never experienced it. Sure I have had boyfriends before, but this guy and I have an intense connection that I have not experienced, ever, and I feel stupid being 25 and having this happen now. This guy and I have been close friends for years and we decided to start dating and it has been absolute bliss. However I am going through those first few feelings of romance and it is causing my body to do all sorts of crazy things, and I need to know if others have felt like this, if it will pass and what I should do, and maybe words of encouragement. I just really want our relationship to work out and need advice.

Firstly, it's been hard to eat and sleep. I force it, but it's just hard, and that totally effects my body, and diabetes obviously.

Also, sometimes when I think about him, my sugars sky rocket, and I have been getting news symptoms of blood sugars sky rocketing, like heart palpatations.

I realize how ridiculous this post must seem, but I just want my body to go back to normal, but still be able to hold this guys hand, you know?

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

congratulations! maybe try more insulin before hanging out with your sweetie.

Congratulations!

Never thought I'd hear myself say this but I hope that whatever you have is catching for all of us!

I honestly hope it lasts a lifetime for you. These are the reasons why we try to control our BGs in the first place. So that we can have as many days in our lives as possible of feeling exactly the way you feel right now.

Still, try to get your diet and sleep pattern back in control, that will help. My guess is that part will work itself out. You'll get your appetite, for food, back and you're gonna get your sleep back too.

In the meantime, adjust your insulin to the way you are feeling about him, not the way you feel about him to your insulin.

Beautifully put, FHS! I have nothing to add, but "enjoy the ride"!

I always used to call this the "new boyfriend diet"! I would lose my appetite and therefore, lose weight when starting to date a new guy. The good (and sad) news is that, it will pass. I agree with FHS - try to stick to your schedule as much as possible when it comes to eating and sleeping.

They don't call it "love sick" for nothing. I can so relate to your symptoms.

Tossing and turning, daydreaming, fluttering heart, anxiety...I've been there before and there's nothing crazy about it. That's love and hormones. There's nothing more natural in the world.

It's a kind of exquisite torture that will resolve itself with time. Just take care.

He must be very sweet! I am not sure if high blood sugar causes heart palpitations? I had some weird cardiac issues I ran into last year and decided that maybe the low caused the arrhythmia but no one figured out for sure. I could have had more tests but blew it off. If your BG always runs high, I'd increase my basal. If it's just postprandial, I'd take more boluswise, increase the ratio or whatever.

lol i wish i could talk to you in person, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOU! I mentioned this in an old post of mine. Yea its tricky with the D no doubt, its your body acting like it should but the kicker is your blood rises when you get excited or emotional you know (stress). And yea it can be super hard to eat and sleep when your in love - but i just try to stay calm and get relaxed as much as i can so that my blood stays in an ok range. Also not to get to personal but its tricky when you get intimate too (only sometimes) - i find my blood spikes, just make sure to try and test your self before and after.... yea i know thats not always the case lol trust me. but If the dude feels the same way about you as you feel about him he'll be 100% on board to be patient.

-Cheers Carly, good luck!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service