I just got put on lispro and lantus on tues and now that I am using it (first day anyway) I'm not sure if I need to take more lispro when bg is around 250 or wait an hour or two like I used to do with 70/30 humalin. Common sense says go on a bike ride, but I also just got a cold. I took 22 units of lantus which, according to my understanding, will last about 24 hrs. I'm supposed to take 2-4 units of lispro with meals, but what if I don't want to eat, just get my sugar down a bit? I know that lispro can be dangerous because it's so quick. I'm going to see an endo or equivalent on oct. 28. Then I can finally ask these questions, but until then my general doc said to try this. I don't know why I can't wait until the endo knows my case. I'm not used to docs at all. I've been on 70/30 for 14 yrs. 20 units morning and evening. It's all I know and I don't have the cash to be trying various meds because my insurance won't cover as much of the more popular drugs (high demand-high cost). I hope this isn't the beginning of some nightmarish plunge. I've gotten brittle in the last month or two which is why I see a need for change. My general doc was scared of all my 20-30 bg readings. Now that I'm brittle I also am checking 4 or more times a day and will not be able to afford that for much longer.