My old Endo always wanted me on a strict regiment of 4 basal rates.

12AM-6AM
6AM-12PM
12PM-6PM
6PM - 12AM

Since having left her care I added in an additional basal rate from 3AM to 6AM. That gives me a grand total of 5 basal rates right now. Things are good for a lot of my basals, but I know I need a change from 10am-3pm as I go low then often. Oddly though, the timing is smack dab in the middle of two of my basal rate times.

So, my question is how many basal rates do you have in a 24 hour period and what are their time ranges? Also, how these rate quantities and timing are working out for you. Feel free to post what the rates are as well, but as Im sure you all know that changes from person to person like taste in foods. Also, any thoughts on managements relation to the basal timing is appreciated (e.g., sleep for only 4 hours on average, so shorter basal timings at night).

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Views: 755

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great idea - it would perhaps confirm this effect in a larger sample. I don't recall ever having read about this phenomenom before but it appears to be for real. Thanks. Mike.
Small update. I just wanted to thank all you pumpers for replying to this thread (discussion). I managed to adjust my early morning basals and think I nailed it pretty well. Seeing all the variables in basals, the minimal adjustment times, and those with minimal rates all together was very helpful in calculating my basal.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service