How many carbs do you eat a day or per meal ? Thanks

Views: 448

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am averaging 200 carbs per day (less corrections). For a larger meal (lunch and dinner) I eat between 40 and 60 carbs. I almost always stay below 65 carbs per meal as I find it helps me minimize PP spiking. I also seek out low glycemic index foods to reduce PP spikes
Looks like my average carbs are 174 according to my pump log. Way over what I should be eating. I should be eating 120..going to have to fix this.
I try to keep it right around 100 on most days. Some days I'm able to achieve that, some days I'm not. Weekends are especially hard, and eating out is just a bust most of the time. I find that if I go over 150 carbs, my BGs get especially unpredictable.
My diabetes dieticien recommends that I eat 30g at breakfast 30grams at lunch and 50 grams at dinner but I am eating less than this..I am eating 65 grams a day and I feel I have better control with this!:-)
200-300 now, 350-400 during mass gaining phases and 50-100 during cutting phases.
here is another discussion about "how many carbs" - it has over 1200 replies

http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/topics/how-many-carbs-do-you-eat-per
Most days, I eat 48 grams of carbs – 16 for each meal. Every 4th day, I am eating 65. I eat the same things every day and am trying to change things out a little.
I aim for 30-40 a day. My pump log says I've averaged 35 a day for the last quarter.
I eat about 160 carbs a day not couting snacks to treat lows, non-starchy vegetables or fiber. Breakfast is about 65 g, lunch about 55g and dinner about 50g.

These levels tend to provide me with the best bg control.

Maurie
135g, according to my pump, which gives an average. I would say some days I eat 50g or less and other days a lot more. I am trying to do better, since I do think eating extra carbs (and taking extra insulin) contributes to weight gain. Overall, I agree that you should eat whatever works for you.
Normally around 150-60, sometimes a bit more, sometimes less.
This doesn't include carbs that I eat without insulin before and during exercise. ( I used about 90g in a marathon a few weeks ago) or those for hypos.
I usually eat about 20 in the morning, 40 at lunch and 60 at dinner. So about 120. Some days, obviously, more or less. I don't pay much attention to the carb type, except when I have my weekly bagel. I go for pumpernickle (with nova, capers, tomatoes, and onions, yummmm.), which I find doesn't spike me as much as a white flour bagel.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service