How many Test Strips do you use in 1 month? Just Curious.

I seem to be a compulsive "tester".....I was just wondering if I am "out there" on how many Test Strips I use. I will say about 400-500 a month!!!! I get 300 a month covered on my insurance.

Additional Resources added by the TuDiabetes Administration
http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/topics/less-expensive-test-strips-t...
http://www.tudiabetes.org/profiles/blogs/medicare-coverage-for-test...
http://www.tudiabetes.org/notes/Diabetes_Patient_Assistance_Resources

Tags: assistance, glucometer, strips, test, testing

Views: 13442

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I test at least 4 times per day. I have changed to a grocery store brand strips & meter saving over $750 per year (88% savings). No advertisement here but the grocery store starts with a "K". Good luck.

Yes, I like testing a lot. It's the best way of helping keep our BG levels down. Now i've been cut back by the insurance to 200 ! So I'm trying to get back to at least 300, preferably more.

They're expensive - do you bear the cost of the extras?

150-200 per month

I do about the same that you do. :)

i use more or less 100 test strips per week

WOW !

Insurance limit for me is 4 per day. I was at 8-10.

i use about 1200 strips per month

sorry per 90 days

I test 8-10 times on a regular basis there are times I test more when needed. I am lucky if you would call it that there are 4 diabetics in the house and some of them do not test as they should but they are T2 so I have access to more strips when needed. I do now prefer my little usb contur meter. If anyone uses the Breze 2 I have about 1000 strips and 2 meters up for grabs.

yup...i'm a pin cussion...:)

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service