I'm a T1 with a Medtronic Paradigm. I use the Bolus Wizard and don't think much about how I'm taking.

Once in a while, I check my totals:
Main Menu > Utilities > Daily Totals

My lowest daily total was 40u. My highest was 85u. Monthly avg. was about 55. The numbers surprise me.

I am curious. How much do others pump?

Views: 1118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use between 30 and 40 units a day, depending on food and excersize. I have been d for 35 years, pumping with an Animas 2020 for the past 5 years.

Average tdd is in the low thirties. And I don't do low carb diets. I bolus around 5 times a day. I use minimed.

I met with the Medtronic CDE about 3 months ago. She pulled my readings from the carelink USB, and made a bunch of changes to my sensitivity, carb ratio, and basal, for different hours, of the day. She seemed knowledgeable. The problem is that my BS's have been very erratic, since then. My set Basal varied from 0.8u - 3.0u. This seems problematic. I reset all of my settings, more or less averaged them out, removing time changes.

I'm half way through the 4th edition of Pumping Insulin by John Walsh. Everyone else seems to love it, but I'm finding it absolutely unreadable. It is like a combination of every pamphlet, brochure, instruction manual and algebra text book that I've seen. I discover about 1 useful paragraph per 50 pages. Is it just me?

I seem to be pretty stable, pumping 1.1u /hr.

kept dropping. had to bump it down to 0.9

Minimed Revel - range from 14 units (lowest on a very active day) to 30 units. Depends on level of activity and number of carbs eaten (obviously).

Mine is ranges from .6 to 1.1 over 24 hours. TTD ends up around 36 units of Novolog. I am 44 yrs old 6' and 180 lbs. In good shape. Run and cycle for exercise. Best Regards ,Mike

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stats. After some tweaking, my BGs are beginning to stabilize. Right now, I'm cutting out a lot of carbs and pumping 30 - 45u.

I average 35 to 50 units per day, depending on what I'm eating.

Recently, though, I had a cortisone shot and had to increase my basals by 50%, so I'm changing the site like every 2 days instead of 3 1/2. It's finally starting to normalize, though.

Ruth

apparently 35-50 units...
i eat too many carbs though apparently >_/p>

Last week: 25 - 45u / day. Down to about 35g carb. Much tighter control.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service