This is a short (15 page), fun, beautifully illustrated guide for folks who are interesting in "blogging" about their experiences with diabetes but need some tips and encouragement to get started. It's an inspiring read, and it's free right here!

Tags: blogging, e-books, guide, journal

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a great guide. I'm not sure that I like blogs as much as message boards though. Message boards offer more interaction but, if you want to engage in ranting, there's usually ample space? I like the feedback and the sense of an ongoing "cocktail party" where people wander in and wander off too. I don't get that from blogs that seem a bit more "rockstarry" to me? Perhaps ironically, I wrote a blog on the subject of "blog vs. forum" a while ago.

Good job Sysy for a very entertaining read!

I agree, AR, and probably feel even more strongly. I always feel a bit irritated when there is a thread and somebody directs you to a blog, instead of just saying what they want to say. I think you are right that message boards are dialogues, while blogs are monologues. I think blogs are part of the trend of "making public" what is more appropriately private. Like people that tweet their every move as if somebody would really care that I went to the market and did my laundry today. I also happen to think writers are special talented people with something unique to say, and well, not everyone is a writer!

This with apologies to those few whose blogs I actually feel serve a purpose such as Melitta who has accumulated so much good information on LADA.

I'm also a bit amused by the idea of a "short guide" that is 15 pages long. I once bought a computer desk and the instructions to put it together were 22 pages long - I was terrified!

Thanks Emily and Sysy, this is a great guide for anyone contemplating their own blog. I enjoyed reading it and the illustrations were beautiful.

I love to write blogs and wrote some on TuD, but unfortunately I run low on inspiration for new ones. Congratulations to all you folks already writing blogs for the benefit of us all, either on your own websites or here on TuD.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service