I know there are the usual hypo symtoms of sweating, headache, fast heartbeat, feeling shakey, going pale. However i just wanted to know if anyone else has had symptoms where part of you goes numb, every so often I get numbness in the front of my mouth (sort of bottom lip and the front) sometimes i'd get a numb/tingly feeling in my hands and in other parts of my body.

Have any of you lot ever experienced any of this sort of thing?

Tags: diabetes, hypo, symptoms, t1

Views: 1107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If my husband's blood sugar is quite low (around 30 or less) then his chest and stomach get very itchy. Weird! I do wonder if the itchiness comes from numbness or tingling.
How funny! When my thighs would tingle they would get really itchy too!! :)
I've been diabetic almost 18 years and a couple months ago during a low I noticed my tongue was numb! Freaked me out but then I saw that other people had this as a symptom. I've noticed it since then during a few times when I've been in the 50s or 40s. But weird that it hasn't happened all this time up until recently!
Randomly, my tongue will go numb. Or my tastebuds may react. This never happens with my "bad" lows, usually when I go low during a meal.
Thy hypo symptoms : head ache, trembling, e t c
I did not get numb lips until I had been diabetic for over 40 years. I now have 56 years under my belt. I always, always rely on my body telling me I am low. I always get confusion, absolute confusion about the stupidist of things...opening the fridge and staring at it...when I am really low I have trouble focus-ing. My eyes don;t seem to work. I always get sweating on my stomach...so embarrasing...with really bad lows when I am sleeping my husband tells me I scream.
I very often have had a conversation that makes no sense and unfortunately, quite often, I get argumentative and angry at people. I have sometimes lashed out at people trying to help me which is not good. I am very thankful that my husband understands.
Anyway, it is such a horrible feeling and just wish it wouldn't happen
Sheila
Yes, my tounge and bottom lip sometimes goes numb, it usually happens when it's extremely low or if it drops fast. AT least I know i'm not the only one with this....thought I was crazy :)
Lips and Butt. LOL - nice to know I'm not the only one.
After 30 years, though, I now just get lethargic and no other symptoms.
I get some of the symptoms that you mentioned, but the most recent and troublesome symptom that I have gotten of late is feeling of total awakeness in the middle of the night, I will be laying there wide awake in the middle of the night, wondering what the heck is going on because sometimes just being wide awake is the only indicator, test my sugar and be low, so Im adjusting my long lasting insulin accordingly, but that is a weird one ..
Me too! If I wake in the middle of the night and toss and turn and can't figure out why I can't go to sleep - get up and check and sure enough. That's if I can recognize that point and it doesn't skip right to unconsciousness.
I have dreams that I am running and my heart is beating so fast, then I wake up to a very fast beating heart and very low blood sugar, glad it wakes me up though
I have the numbness in my legs as well. I actually can feel when I start to go low by the feeling of my legs this usually doesn't happen though if I gradually drop, but if I suddenly drop then that's when my legs start feeling funny.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service