Hey decided I've had enough tried it been there done that oh and hated it. So gonna stop being diabetic and be normal, what's normal I ask myself, normal without having to think 24/7 what to eat, what not to eat, drink, not drink list goes on even down to what clothes can I wear to accommodate the pump, which I also hate now. So anyway, I'm freeing myself and going commando (insulin free style commando lol). I know I'm not really I'm going for a shower but how I wish I could live without it all how I wish. I'm losing the plot I think but sometimes a mad spurt keeps me afloat. Well off for shower and bed. Night guys x

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually, I kinda like the idea....lol.

We need to start a movement a "Go Commando Diabetic" Day. Oh we don't really do anything, its just the thought of it.

Or you could take control of your health and search for a way to rid yourself of this! that is what I am doing. I am also tired of this crap and have decided my body is a testing ground. Would be nice if others were doing this so we could correspond on what may or may not be of benefit.

Have you read all the threads here? I think most everyone here does do this. Everyone here does a great job of trying all kinds of things and then reports back to tell what things work and what doesn't.

Yes, that is what I am looking for. Would be nice to know what does and doesn't work. I haven't seen any thread on here before that even addressed this. Guess I will have to keep looking.

Dean, like Benjamin said, if you search and can't find an answer post the question in the discussion on the home page. Someone here WILL have an answer. I am not going to say that you will like the answers that you receive. Everyone is at a different point in their diabetic life. So the answer may not fit where you are in your current diaabetic "cycle". And yes it is a cycle. Some days you feel like you can handle this with no problem. Other days it just all seems like it is too much. What works today may not work tomorrow. It is the nature of the beast that is diabetes.

So hang with us. Give us a chance. Just remember that you can do it!

Thanks! I have had T1 long enough. This is about getting rid of it!! I don't get the idea that many people are crazy enough to use themselves as a guinea (sp?) pig. I do, and have! So far nothing has worked of course or I would be screaming it from the rooftops!! That said, though, I don't believe I am being wreckless either. I take this all very seriously. I research as much as I can, start small, keep track of what it is i am doing, ect... Still, based on what I have seen the pancreas will regenerate itself if only we find a way to stop the body from attacking itself. I also believe the answer is a natural solution, the right mix of herbs and exercise or something along those lines....

Just search, every question I have ever had has been answered in some form or fashion, and if you can't find it, just post and you will get plenty of responses. This community has been the biggest thing in helping me cope with everything.

I seriously doubt that. But would love to be proven wrong:)

What I am trying to say here is that I am interested in doing what ever it takes to remove this. I also have been the kind that doesn't really do all the things we are "supposed" to do, and I don't mind openly admitting it. I haven't met many who were as cavalier about their disease as I. Not saying I am out of control, though not as in control as the doctor would like. I however, avoid the doctor as much as possible. After almost 30 years of this there aren't many who I believe are going to know as much about me as I do. Plus have had so many quacks over the years who wouldn't listen to me or work with me too. This is my problem, and mine to fix if I want it gone. No one seems all that interested in doing it for us!!!

I realize I should start a conversation here, just haven't figured out to word it just yet. I believe I may be a bit intense for some, scare people from time to time with my intesity, though never my intent!

My family motto has been, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I am guessing your are upset that not as many people are trying to find a cure? I just live by the serenity prayer, which basically says that we should change the things we can control,don't worry about the things we can't, and be able to understand the difference. I am sure a lot of people get upset when they think about all the technological advances we have, yet it seems they love to keep us in this limbo, but I assure you they are trying. Heck, even if they aren't, we can't really do much to improve that situation. Right now, we can change our circumstances as they are, nothing more. Better than the person that was diagnosed with this thing before the 1910's....at least we are alive.

No not upset. For a long time I waited, as we all have, for some medical breakthrough. Was told when diagnosed that a cure would be found within 10 years. Well that came and went 20 years ago. I don't worry about it either. I can and have lived with this, and will continue to do so.

I have just reached a point in my life where I might as well try to do this on my own. I am all about taking responsibility for my actions in every other area of life so why not take charge of this too.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service