I am NEVER Diabetic in any of my Dreams. What about you? Just curious.

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol this is going to sound VERY weird. I'm not diabetic in my dreams until my blood sugar actually goes low or high while I'm asleep. Then in my dream, my diabetic alert dog and meter will magically appear and I'll check and treat. Of course checking and treating in my dream isn't helping in real life...So either I wake up or get woken up by the alert dog.
Yes I am -- or so I think. I've dreamed of hypos and testing my blood sugar - I've later found myself awake, wondering if I really tested or just dreamed that I did.
One way to find out if you have tested is to check the last entry on your monitor - I sometimes have that problem too. Another way I can tell is if I have a sweet taste in my mouth. Then I know that I must have hypoed in the middle of the night and taken some sugar on board, but quite often I am so much asleep or so low that I cannot remember what I have done. Process of elimination. Detective work is required! Lol.
Judith....my Mom was Type 1 Diabetic and she was a dancer like you. She said she had the best dreams, she was able to dance again as well. She frowned upon aging as well. Love you Sweet Lady. xo
Oh yes, Robyn. I had a dream once, at least I think it was a dream, where my pump malfunctioned and tried to strangle me.

LOL
Man....which company handles YOUR dreams!!! Saddly, diabetes and I are one, even in dreamland....but oddly, so are other people who are NOT diabetic in real life! I guess I just want to make one big sweet family!
I am often searching for a bathroom, so I would say yes!
Nope - but I have seriously wacked out dreams - like really sci-fi stuff. My husband is always telling me I need to write episodes for the fringe. :)
I'm not sure if I'm diabetic or not in my dreams, but I am usually good looking (in my DREAMS) Ha Ha
No I am never a diabetic in my dreams, but then again I don't remember eating in them either, just doing things, weird things. LOL
Had a dream last night....Not Diabetic. But, I was cleaning out the rafters in my old house and found my Grandmothers 1940's suitcase, filled with papers, old bank statements, etc. Looked inside and found a big envelope.....It was packed with $100 bills!!!! I am heading to my old house very soon, getting that suitcase!! I like that when I dream I am not diabetic....nice for a change, even if it is only a dream.
Let us know if your dream was prophetic Robyn.....I'll be right there ;)

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service