So did everyone get the e-mail about not using the "new" test strips from Insulet?  They indicated we needed to use the old ones and to contact Abbott if we were having trouble getting the "old" ones.  I have been using the new ones and I have had no problems, and personally I hate the old ones.  They were so much harder.  What is everyone going to do??

Views: 170

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't receivd the email, but I just finished using a box of the new "Butterfly" strips. (Not the Lite version) and they worked fine. I started the OmniPod, last month, with a box of the originals and then my 2nd box ended up being the new "Butterfly" strips and I'm now on my 3rd box which are again the original version. I could not tell any difference in readings between the 2 types. My numbers are a whole lot better overall on the OmniPod system. (Been using the back of my arms). Can't wait to see what my A1C is like at my next appt in December.

Cheers,
KCO
If anyone would like to see the email, message me and send me your email address. I'll pass it along. Not like it's gonna get you excited or anything :-)
I am using the new strips. I tested them for a day by testing my BGs with the both old and new strips and every test was within tolerance. They are much better than the old strips!

I tried calling the person at Abbot that Insulet sent me to but never heard back from them.
I did not get the email, but had contacted Abbott last week. I have been having tons of errors with the new strips and false readings. We're talking 16 errors in a row one morning! I spent several hours on the phone between Abbott, Insulet and Medco. Abbott was beyond unhelpful! I kept getting transferred and nobody could understand what was going on. I ended up reading a message to the person at the call center from Abbott's public relations director regarding the situation. Still nothing. Bang head against desk. I was told that only certain pharmacies would distribute the "old classic" strip, but they would not tell me which ones. They did agree to send me some replacement test strips in the meantime.

Has anyone heard what their going forward plan is? So not looking forward to carrying around yet another device!!!
Great news everyone! The new "Butterfly" test strips actually cure type one diabetes! The old ones don't :-P
Coool! What do you do, take two with a glass of water? or do we have to inject them into ourselves using an old BD syringe? Are you sure about this?....or is Abbott going to launch an easier cure that wont work for Omnipod users?
I just got the e-mail today (11-06-10) which is weird since my last name begins with "A" and I am usually one of the first people to get notifications when mass emails are sent. My physician, responding to my complaints about having to run to the pharmacy all of the time, wrote my strip prescription so I get a three-month supply... about 700 strips at a time! I never looked at them until I ripped open the first box and noticed that I had the orange-label "butterfly" strips. I have used them for a few days and have not noticed a great difference in the glucose readings from what I normally got with the old strips. The bottom line... if I need to adjust a bit to the new strips, I will do so. If these are "new," then tearing my hair out looking for the "old" ones is going to be a futile effort three months from now. I will adapt. I noted that Insulet did not say there was anything wrong with the new strips or that they did not work accurately with the PDM; they just do not have the FDA's blessing yet.
I just got it too - and my last name is "B" so maybe they went backwards. : )
Didn't get the email but just noticed the box of test strips I just got are the butterfly ones. I am going to have to go back and read all the postings to see what we are in store for!
I just received it yesterday. An email in the form of PodTalk magazine. Here is the link:
http://now.eloqua.com/es.asp?s=807&e=104770&elq=a8f10d72e51...
I never got an email but my supplier has been sending the new butterfly strips and they seem to be working fine. Yes they are a little bit lower. I too was doing dual tests for awhile with a Wavesense meter but the variances werent that far off. Overall I think my Omni and the new strips are just as accurate as my other meter and I do really like the new strips. With the old strips however you didnt have to force the blood in you just had to slide your finger against the side of the black circle. It would pick it up and beep. You might think that with such a small drop of blood that if you run your finger along the side you wouldnt have enough left when it finally picked it up but you do. The Abbott/Freestyle strips really do need the smallest spot of blood out of all the others on the market.

I think the FDA is being verly cautious and they need to go and get a life. In the meantime I'm gonna stick with the new strips.
I received the new strips several days ago from Liberty. I have been checking them against my very reliable One Touch Ultra. So far, the Butterfly strips consistently come in at 5-7 points lower. This is really negligible. They seem faster and require an even smaller sample than the old strips. I will be using the new strips without worry since there is always plenty of other things to worry about.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service