Does anyone else ever get a call from their insurance company if they are late ordering a med and they think you are not taking it? My internist office called today saying my insurance (secondary since I am on Medicare) called them to say I was not taking my (specific med)! Well, I am taking it and was a bit late in sending a new script for more but I try to build up extra meds and had enough to last me. I had gone beyond my 90 day supply in reordering.

This has happened to me once before with a different med--same issue, last year.
I think it is strange. It had never happened with me before last year so I wonder if this is a new policy with insurance companies that they keep track of your med orders and "tell on you" to your MD. And I certainly have been late a few times over the years though it is only a very occasional thing. And, as noted, I build up a supply by ordering a bit early each time. I do not like to run out. My secondary is BCBS. It feels a little like Big Brother is monitoring my med intake.

Could it have anything to do with my being on a pump? Or just Big Brother.

Views: 581

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had one the other day and I didn't think of calling them about it. I figured since I had read this thread, I would play the game. The call was about blood pressure and asked yes or no is my blood pressure controlled. I said no because I have autonomic neuropathy and mine goes really low. Of course when I said no, the automated recording when into the Ace inhibitor talk and how diabetics should be on an Ace inhibitor. Then it asked if I would ask my doctor about getting on one and I said no. If I did that, I would be dead!
When I get a call from Medco, I hang up. It is always recorded! The idea that they want me to put my drugs on their very own "reminding list" could send my BP to the stratosphere were I to listen!
They don't even have the process worked out so they can change my delivery address when the doc faxes the prescriptions to them and they have a date in the future at which they in their all mighty and all knowing manner will send them.
I can't describe their arrogance well enough. A nurse's call from them would really get me cracking! What a ton of ideas I have for them.
I thought the NSA recorded all of the phone calls in the US and files them away, just in case?

I heard on the Howard Clark show today that the credit companies are getting into the act and they're starting to keep track of how you fill your meds. They have a name for this and I forget what the credit bureaus are calling it. They are tracking how you adhere to following your Drs. orders and are grading you on it. This is going too far. Wish I'd of taped this. I don't fill my meds when I read the insert and find out it is causing more damage than not. Just like Omperazole promotes Osteroporis and I'm on Actonel to prevent osteroporsis. The Drs. don't read the inserts, they just hand it out and tell you to take it. Needless to say I don't take it.

No, our Insurance hasn't called us about anything. Our Pharmacy doesn't call us to remind us about refills or missed meds. either. If I'm down to my last pill or drops of Insulin or strips, etc. on occasion or if I spill some pills on the floor or in the sink, the Pharmacy supplies an advance to last me until they fax my Drs. for a new prescription back. That has saved me at least 5 times anyways through the last decade. I sure appreciate them being so helpful.
I suppose I should ask them to order it for me ahead, since I forget sometimes.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service