There was an earlier discussion about this on the Geeks group.

So far, I have read about the following diabetes-related applications for the iPhone:
* DiabetesLog
* DiaMedic (already mentioned in the discussion mentioned above)
* GlucoseCharter (also mentioned before)

I am curious if anyone has tried any of these and what your experience has been with them.

Tags: applications, apps, iphone

Views: 3813

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'm trying it now.

Cons:
- there's only the ability to enter 4 readings. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Bedtime. There's no fast/morning or pre-meal. You could, I suppose, enter in 2 breakfasts then note which one is the pre and which one is the 2hr later. Bedtime I guess you could note "waking" for the morning fast.
- there's no entry for medication
- pause too long while drag/dropping and it sees it as a completed entry

Pro:
- I like the "trends" graph
- I like the drag/drop kinda thing going. you can fine tune it once it is entered.

This app has great potential.
Hi friends,
Help my diabetic daughter win an iPhone by voting for Video #2 over here. Thanks!
http://www.jdrf.ca/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewpage&page_id=4...
Manny- downloaded DiabLog but didn't like format so deleted it. If I see any positive feedback I may try again......Do we have an "app" for TuDiabetes? Didn't see it in iTunes app store
Due to insurance copays rising I am going from from my pump back to MDI. My pump (medtronic) used to calculate dose based on bs and carbs- so i was looking for something like that for my phone. I have a palm pre. I found an app for it called Diabetrac that does the same thing as my pump. Ran a few tests to compare between the two and it looks good. As soon as my pens arive I will be switching over.
I have seen them.
What would u like in an app?
Just noticed (2:30 MDT Tuesday Sept. 21, 2010) that Diabetes Pilot has gone from $12 to $6. For a limited time... Is it worth trying now? I've thought it looked good but the price has always scared me away. I don't know how long "limited time" is, sometimes it's very short. Anyway, has anyone tried it and liked it?
Thanks,
Scott
(long time reader, first time poster)
I use Diabetes Pilot for the iPhone and I have the desktop component. I really like it. The customizable food database information is easy to enter. They are very responsive when I've ever had an issue. They respond on weekends. I never regretted getting it. I just wish it could control my pump and take data from my Dexcom. See? I still believe in magic.
I've used BGluMon-blood glucose monitor
This something that I would really like. now for it to only communicate with a pump… wishful thinking…..

http://ibgstar.com:80/web/ibgstar
I use Glucose buddy.  It's free and downloads to their website.  You can print charts and logs for your Doctor and it is interesting to monitor your own progress.
We're picking up this discussion on a new topic:
http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/topics/best-diabetes-mobile-apps
where we're expanding the discussion into Android.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service