This is for those who hate diabetes and thinks it changed you completly, Ya diabetes changes us but it doesnt change us in a bad way. Its changes us in a good way. Diabetes makes us a stronger person. It also makes us even more unique. People who dont like us just because we are diffrent its there loss. The people who tease us and call us names or the people who say things that hurt us or even the ones who think they know more then we do about it: those people make us a stronger person.

Views: 619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Type1Gal. No one is saying that diabetes is good. Given the choice, 99 out of 100 people surveyed would rather not have it (and that other one must not be thinking straight!). But we need to find a little bit of good that comes out of it. Maybe it's how you treat others. Maybe it's that you watch your diet so you won't have a massive heart attack. Maybe it's that you won't be drafted into the Army. It helps to find something, no matter however small or intangible. It's what keeps us sane.

haha danny i liked that last part that made me laugh

Hi Anna Banana,
I agree with what you are saying... I think it is good to look on the bright side of things. It is almost like the saying 'what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger'. I have learned from every painful experience in my life, including diabetes. I must say, though, that it does not make me want to experience more pain just to become even more strong! :)

Well said Anna!!! u got the right attitude!

Oh Anna you nailed it! ...I feel stronger already!!

I was diagnosed a little after i turned 4. Ever since then i have been called emo and teased. I have gotton yelled at by teachers cause im diabetic. Im not saying i like haveing diabetes but for those who dont think your strong you need to think harder. There are people out there who could never do what we do. Ya we didnt have a choice but we need to accept the fact that until a cure is found we will be living with this. Those with negative attitudes need to have positive ones. Positive people will be the ones who end up living a healthy life. If you have a negative attitude then you wont want to take care of your self and then who knows will you will be. " A Little Bit Longer And I'll Be Fine " Thats lyrics to the song A Little Bit Longer by nick jonas. We have to prove that diabetes isnt stronger then us. We have to show the people that tease us that so what if we are diffrent we are stronger then diabetes and will end up beating it.

Wow, that's a really powerful statement!

i hope thats a good thing! lol

Yup, I was very impressed with your comment!

Thanks!

You are so right Anna! And what I've found as I've gotten older (I'm 51) is that most people admire what I do to take care of myself with the diabetes. I think you'll find it gets better as you get older. So stay strong and stay an inspiration for people like me!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service