Just Curious, Is there anyone who is generally happy with the Omnipod?

I recently switched from medtronic to the omnipod..,so far things have been great, but after ready a few of the discussions on here I am becoming a little scared... and thinking maybe I made the wrong choice?

I think all pumps have "quarks" and "issues".. I had plenty with the minimed... but just looking to hear some positive feedback... as well as the main issues.

Lindsay

Views: 3402

Replies to This Discussion

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this question! I have had MM for almost 10 yrs and switching to OmniPod this week!! I was all excited until reading some of these posts and kinda scares you off!!! Positive feedback is good to hear!! :)
-Danaca

Just to chime in here. Was on MM for 10 years and then switched to the Omnipod specifically because my 3 little boys kept yanking on my tubing. I could never go back to a tubed pump. Haven't had many issues with the Omnipod at all. I swim, run, shower etc. with my pods. Love the fact that I don't have to disconnect and reconnect. Love that I can wear the pods in so many different places on my body. Good luck!!!

It seems that I have been on the pod for longer than most (switched from MDI after a stroke in 2005 just after Insulet launched). I think that I can realistically say that the pod is NOT the "Be all and end all" to solutions, but then again, they never claimed to be. It is much more comfortable than MDI or tubed pumps...(I switched to MM when I was just fed up with the pod (briefly) and will go back to MDI when I have exhausted my supply of pods. The pod is "imperfect" but you have to weigh the good with the bad....

I have had my OmniPod for 2 months now and I love love love it. I had Medtronic before and the Insulet customer service is 1000% better than Medtronic. I have had problems with pods failing, but I call them and they have replaced them no problem. I had a problem with my PDM and they replaced it overnight. I would recommend OmniPod to anyone that may be researching insulin pumps.

This thread was key for me in starting on the Omnipods last week. After 7 days, I'll chime in now in that I like using them. I wouldn't say LOVE, but I am a more liking them than I was afraid I would be. Many of my concerns have been found to be not a concern. And, overall it's helping me out with my control quite a bit. Plus, forcing me to be a better diabetic. I've found my carb counting was terrible, so I'm doing much better at that now. I'm hoping I may even lose some weight from this change.

I have a friend on a MM pump. She started about 4 months ago on her pump after almost as long as I on MDI. She's hating her pump. Can't seem to get the control she expected, and dealing with the tube is driving her nuts.

I can say now, that after 40 years as a Type 1, I'm kinda wishing I'd started pumping years before now. Thanks to Omnipod for making this transition easier than I expected.

I am relatively new to the pod - Dec 2011 - but I wish I started sooner! I am very happy with it!

We just started my son on the omnipod last week. I know we will need to tweak things as he goes, but I'm very pleased with it so far. Without question this will give him much better control and freedom. After a rocky start with Insulet, they sent the insurance papers to the wrong address which caused a two week nightmare, they have been very good.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service