Lets play high/ low. What's your highest and lowest reading you recall, EVER?

HIGH: 444

LOW: 27

Tags: bg, high, hyper, hypo, low

Views: 3434

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

High 700 > ended up in hospital
Low > 35

I was 342 when I was diagnosed and I don't think I've gone higher than that, although breakfast continued to spike me back up into the 300s right after I was diagnosed.

My lowest blood sugar was 32. I was in the middle of eating a slice of pizza. I was experimenting with splitting the bolus to avoid spikes from fatty foods, so I had only taken half the dose of insulin I needed to the cover the meal. I still went low! I'm still confused by the incident--who goes low while chewing on a pizza crust? But I don't particularly care to have pizza for a while, so I guess it's a good thing. ;)

Ihave an 11 yr old and an 8 yr old who are both T1
11 yr old High HIGH (over 500 that's as high as our meter goes)
and Low 40
8yr old High 695 at diagnosis
LO (below 20) 1 week after diagnosis. (He was 19 months old)

Highest, "High", lowest, "low"

High 910

Low 22

High was the day i finally went to see the doc and was told I was T1

900 when diagnosed, and 34

414 -DX at my dictor's office they couldn't see exact numbers so I've walked to emergency room nearby, lol
37 and didn't feel it coming. Was taking a walk with my baby in a stroller. Happend to be in a lonely place in the park, with 1 year old. Scary

I'm British so I just get 'High' or 'Low'. I think my meter goes as high as 33 and as low as 1.1 so I've been above/below that but I can't really be sure. It would sure be interesting to know.

927 at DX in ER
and 42 for the low

High: HIGH (guess i had one of those meters)
Low : 20-something

My son, High 697 at diagnosis. Low - LO (below 20)
My Daughter HIGH (above 500) Low 45

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service