I'm looking for new ideas for tasty snacks that are relatively low-carb ... not necessarily particular brand name products, just something more interesting than plain celery sticks =). I'm not on an ultra low-carb diet, but would like to avoid significant boluses between meals.

So ... celery sticks w/almond butter ... ricotta cheese flavoured w/stevia + cocoa powder ...

Other ideas??

Tags: low-carb

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

olives and cheese for me, I don't need to bolus
I eat atkins bars:) they have 19-22 carbs but they break down very slowly taking like an hour before they increase bs levels. And when your levels increase its very slow
Yeah, this is an interesting one ... I tried Extendbars, which are similar (21g carbs) and marketed as containing only 2g "net carbs," but I found they spiked me the same as any ol' granola bar would. I was bummed .... the concept sounded great!
i actually tracked the effect on bs with my Dexcom CGM
My fav at the moment : sunflower seeds .
I use Hunts brand sugar free gelatin snack packs. They sell for 5 packs/$5 at the grocery store and are available in a few flavors. Each pack has 4 containers in it, and they have like 3g of carb. They taste pretty good to boot.
I think you want low carbs and also low GI if you're trying to avoid boluses (though I don't pump so its hard for me to tell)...

I work out a lot and recently stopped doing protein shakes because I can get enough protein from peanut butter. What I have discovered is Trader Joes hemp powder. It has 17 grams of carbs per serving (I believe...) and at least 8 grams of fiber. Plenty of protein too! Problem is it's relatively chalky tasting, though it tastes well!

I'm on a high carb low GI diet, but this might be changing due to the fact that I've been finally steadily gaining weight.
Popcorn with no butter, air popped the best, but I use the microwave kind. SF jello and puddings aren't too bad, I have seen some granola recipes that are terrific. If you want a cookbook with all kinds of them, let me know, and I will send copies to you.

Cathy J
My latest desert findings have been the Quaker Quakes and Mini Delights. Both have about 13-15 carbs per serving.
http://www.quakeroats.com/products/rice-snacks/quakes/vanilla-creme...

Then toddler cookies. =^) My 2 year old turned me on to them. Gerber Arrowroot cookies. 3carbs per cookie.

Other than that its water or coffee for a snack.
Lettuce plus fave lunch meat or tuna, Greek yogurt, veggies?

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service