Mothers' Day is swiftly approaching, so it's a good time to celebrate moms!  Are you a mom with diabetes?  Do you HAVE a mom with diabetes?   Are you the mom of a CHILD with diabetes?  Let's share some stories, experiences, thoughts a celebration about being and having moms!

Tags: diabetes, mom, monthly topic, mother, mother's day, mothers' day, parents

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a Mum (cause I'm an Aussie) with T1 diabetes. My boy, now ten years old is good at recognising if my BGLs are off-target so he helps to take care of me. I feel very fortunate to have such a supportive family, especially knowing that many don't... :)

Not only am I the mom of a diabetic child (she's 23 now diagnosed when she was 11) I'm also a grandma of 3 lovely children while I was diagnosed at 10 myself with D My kids (have 2) took good care of their mom when she went low (so far as my oldest daughter calling the paramedics when she was 3 b/c mommy was acting funnt) to my g-daughter now 5 calling them when she was 4. LOVE MY KIDS & G-KIDS!!! Without them I might not behere now.

I'm none of the above, but want to take this opportunity to say how much I admire and respect Type 1 women who deal with this time sucking condition at the same time as raising children (and maintaining careers, relationships, schooling, etc). As well as to moms who have all the responsibility, heartache and anxiety of having their children diagnosed with this condition. I have enough trouble taking care of this semi-retired single childless Type 1! You are all amazing!

I totally agree with what Zoe says about T1 moms and moms with T1 children. These folks are awesome. And for those that are doing double duty such as Doris D well there isn't a pedestal high enough.

Gary S

Thank you Gary & Zoe! I really didn't (and don't) see it as anywhere near doing a good job just look at it as doing what I'm suppost to do as a mom.

My mom taught me the phrase "when the going gets tough, put your head down and run forward".  I love it and I'm eternally grateful to her for passing it along.  (She also taught me "when the going gets tough, go shopping".  I use both mottos often).

I was told "when the going gets tough the tough get going" Quote directly from my Mother...

I'm a mom with diabetes but the real heroines to me are the moms of the kids with T1 who do everything for their children with a mother's love. May you all have a wonderful Mother's Day. :)

My grand-maman had diabetes....we lost her to the complications. It's a red thread in our family....diabetes. I too have it, and our daughter has pre-diabetes. It's not easy being green as Kermit said!

I have a terrific Mum with type 2 di and i think she is a great support of me being a type 1 member and although she doesnt go on tudiabetes happy Mothers day for sunday hope it was/is great 2012

Though my mom doesn't have diabetes, she has been extremely supportive and caring about this issue with me. Has helped me out a great deal, probably more than anyone else. So I am definitely thankful and lucky.

Just saw this "YO MAMA BATTLE (of compliments)" video a little bit ago. Thought it was hilarious! (and well deserved for all yo mamas)

Hugs to all the moms in the TuDiabetes family!!!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, TuDiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service