What device would you invent to manage diabetes more effectively? Be creative, outrageous and outlandish!  Is it a tiny robot?  A giant bubble?  What does it do to help you?

Or if not your own creation, what new technology or research have you heard about that has you excited about the future?

Tags: creativity, diabetes, monthly topic, technology

Views: 291

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would be happy with a robot that would give me a swift kick in the butt everytime I do something that I shouldn't be doing.

It would have to be diabetes related. IF it went on what my wife thinks I would have one sore behind.

I would like a flashing light on my spectacles which tells me when my bg is too high to eat the food on my plate. Version II would be able to let me know which food is ok to eat and which is not.

Well, a source of diabetes-related fears for me is driving, specifically, going low while driving.

I'm thinking a cover for the steering wheel. If it sensed shakiness or trembling, the car would give off an alarm. Maybe also have some pads inside the seat that could somehow sense if someone's passed out. Then, the car would turn on the emergency flashers, pull off the road if possible, and call 911 with a pre-recorded message.

I've heard about cars that show CGM readings on their screens, which triggered the above thought.

Mine would be a camera that you use to take pictures of your food accurately calculates the carbs, insulin dosage, and produces a pre-filled shot with the correct amount of insulin inside. I really need this machine someone make it for me, haha.

I like! This reminds me of the App on cell phones where you can take a photo of a products bar-code and get the cost and information on it! Awesome idea Sam16!

I want and insulin pump that has an insulin reservoir and a glucagon reservoir. It would be so awesome to press a button to correct a low just like correcting a high.

For those caring for kids with Diabetes, wouldn't it be awesome to check their BG in the night and fix it without waking them up in their wonderful sleep to drink a juice box?

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, TuDiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes and Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service