Medtronic MMT-7006 Transmitter Adhesive Patches - How do you use these?

Has anyone tried these? I got some but there are no instructions and for the life of me I can't figure out how it's supposed to attach short of applying it directly to the skin and then inserting the sensor and transmitter through it, which seems like it might carry some of the foam into the skin. The patch is huge, way larger than the surface area of the transmitter plus sensor, let alone just the transmitter, so there's no apparent way to apply it once you've got the sensor in. Any help from anyone who's actually seen or used these much appreciated here.

Views: 609

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had never heard of these patches till your discussion ; I googled ....these are pretty pricey was my initial thought ...box of 10 . Googling did not help me , giving hands on instructions . Can you call Medtronic , or do you have a pump trainer you can connect with ?
How we keep on learning..thanks for the post and I'll try to follow responses .
Isn't it just a patch to place over the transmitter/sensor to keep it secure/waterproof? Or is it a double-sided patch where it sticks to your skin then the transmitter sticks to the patch? Without seeing it, I just don't know.
I just use Opsite Flexifix that I can cut to fit. Watertight and very secure. Once I place it over the sensor/transmitter, I don't have to worry about it again til it's ready to be removed.
No, it's a double sided foam tape, so it looks like it's intended to be stuck to your skin and then have the sensor inserted through it and the transmitter and sensor stuck to the top.

I emailed my Medtronic trainer this morning and will let you know what she says!
Are you talking about the big square one-hand application things? If so, they simply go over the sensor and transmitter after you've inserted and connected them.
No, they're double sided foam tape in the shape of the sensor+transmitter, only much larger. They don't go over the transmitter and sensor like the IV3000 tape, but under it.
Oh, you're kidding. They are listed in the web store as being for the Paradigm system with zero mention of the fact that they do not work for the current generation!

I found out that these patches are not for the new available sensors. They are really for the old original sensor that was used in clinical studies.

I sweat a lot and have been using them by cutting them in half and putting them under the transmitter to hold it down and they help but the are not for the current transmitter.

Here is picture of the original sensor click here for picture or on a body

Here is the current transmitter (it is much smaller and attaches directly to the sensor). click here

I definitely would not have worn the old transmitter!! Looks to be aggravating, lol

That's the way for technology.... remember the first cellular phones in the eighties....see them on TV now and again on an old show or movie and they look like military walkie talkies. Who would buy one now? I guess you could try and sell it, just call it iBrick...... haha

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service