Hello everyone!
In the coming days we will be moving a few things around on the site, searching for ways to optimize the TuDiabetes experience for everyone. If you have any ideas or suggestions about ways to do this, please post them in here, so we can explore them.

Thank you so much!

Views: 1420

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Archives could be kept in memory, and when a topic is entered into the Search option, the archives can be accessed too.

A question: I've noticed recently that there are a lot less groups on the right hand side than there used to be. Previously the featured groups there were in order of how recent the last post was, so I always scanned it to see the ones I was interested in reading new posts on. Is that no longer the case?

I just clicked on the top two and they do still seem to be the ones with the most recent activity, but there are less of them so it would be easy to miss one if you don't check in very frequently. Would it be possible to increase the number of groups listed to how it used to be?

Zoe, have you looked at the Groups page

http://www.tudiabetes.org/groups

I know there are 29 pages here of Groups, it's kinda fun to look through them..

and you can sort the list by most active, largest, latest group, alphabetical, etc

Thanks, Marie. I got kind of used to just looking to the right when I read the forum and seeing if any of the ones I like came up recently, rather than having to go to another page. Was there a reason the number of groups in that column was decreased,

I use "my page" and just look at the groups I am in over there. For a while that got cumbersome but then I figured out how to switch it to display all of "my" groups?

Thanks, AR. Sometimes I think I'm fighting a losing battle with technology where the tech geeks think more complex is always better than simple.

Anyone know of a diabetes site that allows you to do live chat with others? I know I read it somewhere in all of these replies that would be an excellent add to this great site.

There used to be a live chat option here, but it was very very slow and was removed. There are a few other sites that have chat, but I imagine it is expensive to install and maintain.

Many of us live-chat on Twitter -- you just have to know who to follow. There is a Diabetes Social Media Advocacy chat on Twitter each Wednesday night at 9PM Eastern (hashtag #dsma), and a corresponding Blog Talk Radio show (DSMA Live) on Thursday evenings at 9PM Eastern. The BTR show includes a chat window for registered members.

Somehow the TuAnalyze section on the main page now says something like: "Wolf CMS automatically disabled! Wolf CMS has been disabled as a security precaution. Reason: the configuration file was found to be writable. The broadest rights Wolf CMS allows for config.php are: -rwxr-xr-x".

If you have a Yahoo ID, you can chat for free, either with typing, or if you have a headset with a mic, you can voice chat. Just log into Yahoo Messenger with your Yahoo ID, and from the menu along the top of the main login window, select Yahoo Chat. Its about halfway down. If you then select the Health chat rooms, a diabetes chat room will come up. Sometimes there's no on there, and other times its busy. You can arrange to "meet" peeps there at a set time if you like.

You can also use the private chat feature and instead of just chatting with one friend, invite 2 or 3 people to a conference. The participants must all have Yahoo ID's but its free to set one up.

I used to use Yahoo Chat a lot, but just don't have the time now.

To get Yahoo Messenger, click this link and sign up for a free account if you don't already have one.
http://messenger.yahoo.com/

If you have a Yahoo email account, you can use your email address for chat, once you set it up.

I am very disappointed that the DHF ambassador pages have been suspended without warning. Here I have gathered and befriended with most users from Germany. In addition to that I have created a translation of German terms relevant to diabetes for new users from Germany. This information is not available in dictionaries. This is now all gone and if I will not get these pages back I will be hugely disappointed. I just need temporary access to the DHF Germany Embassy to save my work.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, TuDiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes and Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service