Hello everyone!
In the coming days we will be moving a few things around on the site, searching for ways to optimize the TuDiabetes experience for everyone. If you have any ideas or suggestions about ways to do this, please post them in here, so we can explore them.

Thank you so much!

Views: 1418

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

That's horrible! I'm sorry to hear about your lost data/ information Holger! If it is anything like Glucosurfer, I'm sure it was very useful and comprehensive. I hope someone can dig it out of whereever it's gone or, hopefully, hiding?

So far I think the account is just suspended so the data should still be available. It is not much but one page is important - sadly I will loose the contacts with the account. If the embassy program has not developed as expected then they can remove it. But at least I would have expected to be informed and warned about that. I also think that the expectations for the program were just too high. I mean what does it cost to support some ambassador accounts and what can it bring? I my view it has brought more than can be measured easily. There was an embassy for every state in the US and some countries and people could root on that. By the time we would have seen that ambassadors are planning a local Tu get-together an so forth. It still has the potential to develop momentum. This takes time and efforts and I think it is just too early to cut it now - especially by contrasting the little costs and the chances.

Now I have found the mail. It is dated from 1.12.2011 and was routed to a different mail-account than I have expected. At least I can not say that I was not informed.

Hi Holger,

I believe that we have an incorrect email for you. I had emailed you about the program and received no response. Can you please email me your correct email so that we can stay in better touch? emily@diabeteshf.org.

We want to make sure that you get all of the information you need from the account, and would like to continue to help you work with people in your area. We can open the account again for you to get any information that you need. Send me an email so we can discuss how best to proceed!

I am really sorry that we sent the information to the wrong address and you were not informed ahead of time! I hope it was not terribly inconvenient. And don't worry, I didn't delete any of the information!

That's awesome! I love happy endings!

Here as well Holger....got a 1 minute notice. Fortunately, I opted to stop my greeting of new members at the time of the notification, and popped over to the Canada Embassy....otherwise I would have lost a whole lot of pics and info.
There should have been a heads up long before the plug was pulled!

Hello Everybody,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are going to spend sometime thinking on ways we can incorporate as much as we can into the new redesign. Please bear with us, as we are constrained by the platform the communities run. There are some things we can’t easily do, like organizing the groups by categories (like the forum). However, we will try our best to think outside the box to see what we can come up with.

The two main goals are that we need better organization and less clutter on the home page. We will work on those to the best of our abilities, but keep in mind that the nature of TuDiabetes is pretty organic and it is not built for the kind of structure some of you would like to see. In some ways we have to embrace the Chaos ☺ However, there must be a way to make the information more accessible.

* One important feature where we plan to concentrate our efforts in on improving the Left Side Navigation (note pages by topic), we see it is possible we could archive some sense of structured content there. This is a long term project that will keep going after we finish implementing the new desigm. In the near future, we plan to revive the old Content Creating Committee, to help us recognize key information in the community and organize it by topics (type 1, type 2, etc). Join the new Content Committee to help us on this process.

* We will also work on simplifying the home page. We are evaluating options. We might take some features out, or move them around. Stay tuned!

I will proceed to close this discussion soon, if you have more feedback (something that is not currently expressed here) please write to me at andreina@diabeteshf.org, subject: Ideas for TD redesign.

Thanks again for helping us build TuDiabetes everyday!

Andreina D.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service