Hello everyone!
In the coming days we will be moving a few things around on the site, searching for ways to optimize the TuDiabetes experience for everyone. If you have any ideas or suggestions about ways to do this, please post them in here, so we can explore them.

Thank you so much!

Views: 1397

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

The changes will happen specially on the home page. I

MPORTANT: Please let us know what do you think of the features we have on the very top of the main page, for example: the rotating banners on the top of the page, the Left Side Navigation (blue-green buttons)

or the TuAnalyze box bellow the banners...

They are all taking some prime space at the top of the page, however we think they are important because,

Banners: Feature discussions, blogs, etc. Rotating visual element help us get a sense of space, belonging?
Left Side Navigation: Help people, specially new members find relevant content organized by topic.
TuAnalyze Box: Updates members of TuAnalyze findings or facts.
Members box: face of our community.

Please let us know your thoughts!
Thank you!

I have noticed the formatting options on a reply like this are gone. For instance I can't make a word into a link. Tried both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Hi, we noticed that was not working... I think it is working now, right? Let us know what do you see...

Moo Test. (Chrome, btw)

Works in Chrome... before and after edit too

Works now, thanks.

You might have JavaScript or something else turned off on your browser. I can link to things just fine from Safari and Chrome.

What about having links to research sites and/or having a technical research area beyond forums to keep people up to date on advances? For example, you could add categories, CGM's, Artificial pancreas, Insulin, BG meters, Pumps and infusion sets.

Do you mean, adding those categories to the forum?

here? http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/category/listByTitle

maybe adding a new area all together, my thoughts were around Technology and how we could see what is all being worked on in a simplified view. For example, I came across the HG1-c CGM being developed by C8 MediSensors and did not realize it had already been talked about multiple times. (I should have done a search first :( ) But if there was a technology page that enabled someone to drill down to what is happening with CGM's there can be a single place to provide update to the research/product as well as links to the reviews and discussions on it?

I think rpwils may be talking about full-text indexing all entries and putting up a keyword index for all therapies (available and/or being researched). This should, in theory, be worked from the side of the thread initiator, but as we've seen, a popular topic may move off the originally-intended keywords into totally different areas.

I'd like to see a clearly defined area for type 1, type 2, and "other types". There are forums and groups listed separately which is rather confusing. Its hard to know where to go. The type 1, type 2, other type groups or sections should be at the top of the list and most visible, as that is what most people look for when they first land here. I found it confusing when I joined, and its still confusing. We need better organization.

For example, under Groups, Omnipod users shows up first. The type 1, type 2, etc should be right at the top of the list so people can find it right away.

Overall, the organization of this site is very poor. I hope you can work on improving that, as it would contribute more to the site than anything else, especially for new diabetics, who are already confused enough, and under stress.

Thanks for reading.

agreed

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service