I called at 6am (PDT) this morning hoping to get info about my order. I had to wait for 20 min on hold! This is at 6am, the moment they open for the day!! Really? 20min hold time even though I could have been the first to call? And a very sleepy sounding woman answered, seeming annoyed like I woke her up from her sleep.

And she tells me it takes 14 business days for the order to get processed so she looked up my order and said it's not even begun the process yet because it's been only 5 business days!

Muck Fedtronic and to hell with them.

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HI.
MEDTRONICS IS A OK PUMP, BUT BELIVE NOT ENOUGH PRESION WHEN DELIVERY THE INSULIN, HAPPENS TO ME CHECK MY SUGARS WITH FINGER STCKS AND GAVE THE RIGHT INFO TO THE PUMP, BUT GUESS WHAT.NOT ALWAYS. SUGARS SKY ROKET, YOU KNOW WHY, I,M USING SURE-T, THE NEEDLE IS TOUCHING NERV OR FAT, WITH THE POOR PRESSURE THE INSULINE GET ENCAPSULATE, BEST MASSAGE THE CANULA OR NEEDLE AREA, AND YOU WELL SEE THE DIF.ABOUT SUPPLIES.
WORST COSTUMER SERVICE 3 DAYS TO CONTACT THEM, THEY TOLD ME THE HAVE A NEW PHONE SYSTEM,,,,,,,,.

ANY HELP

rafaelbenavides@yahoo.com
Wow,
I have never had that kind of issue with Medtronic...amazing..sorry to hear about the negative experience..
I would like to know how often these folks call the tech support line for their pump company…it is the phone number posted on the back of their pump, NOT the order services line they are talking about in this part of the blog.
I have had the same problem with them i called three times in a month asking about my supplies they keep telling me it can take up to 2 weeks mama i said its been a month i have two left well we will try to get them out soon i said no they will be here tomorrow the best they did was 4 days. they have not been good at all i have had them 2 years and i am switching i am luck my insurance is paying for my new one 100 percent and it will be her in the morning. i have switched to accu-chek spirit. i am so excited go that all done from the first time i talked to them and here in less then 2 weeks.
I agree with you John. I am leaving MiniMed after 24 years on their pump. This being one of the many reasons. I am switching to Animas and will get my IR 1250 this week. I don't want the ping...love my meter way too much plus it's a smidge bigger than the 2020...yet I don't find the need for the color screen which is the only diff from the 1250. Anyhow trialed the omni and loved it, but I like the Animas best.
Well, my son has pumped with Mini Med for 4 years now. When I had problems with his pump a year ago - the battery wasn't working, it would shut off etc... i had a new pump within 24 hours. I have always been pleased with their service - whether it was for the supplies, pump questions or getting a replacement pump. He is due for a new pump in January, and they are supposed to contact me re: that, so I will see how my service goes - I may be a little more critical now since I know there are so many complaints. I will hope for the best though since I have never had issues like others. Nancy
Good luck Nancy, hope it goes smoothly for you. I've been using their pumps for 5+ years and have had good service. In fact, the other day I had a sensor that had a needle that looked somewhat bent. Called them and they apologized and when I got the replacement, they sent me 5 of them instead of just 1. I called about, not wanting to get a wrong order, and they just told me compliments of MM. Lucky me!
John, this happens to me every time I reorder. Finally I decided to do automatic shipments so we'll see if it's any better. But let me tell you, the people I talk to are PLEASANT, but sometimes I have to call THREE TIMES to get them to start the shipping process. I'll order, call back a week later, and they'll say, "oh, we haven't even processed your order yet..." WTF!?

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service