Hi all,

I was diagnosed as type 1 in December, and my doctor says that I'm good to go for a pump. My partner is also type 1 (crazy, I know), and has a minimed Paradigm.

What do you love about your pump, wish it did better, and what don't you like about it? What would you recommend I look into as I research pumps?

Thanks SO so much :)

Janie

Views: 1001

Replies to This Discussion

I am also thinking of getting a pump and looking to hear everyone's feedback. Does this minimed come with a built in CBGM? And, if it has a tube, how do you wear it at night or when wearing minimal clothing?

The Revel is integrated with the CGM. The CGM sensor/transmitter is separate but communicates directly with the pump.

The sensor itself is not that large and I usually have mine on my stomach. I have read of people using their arms for placement. Which I tried once with good results.

Hi Jomama. I like the spibelt (www.spibelt.com) for wearing the pump, day or night. Look for the one made specifically for pumps. This product is an adjustable belt with a nylon pouch.

Don't see a blet specifically for pumps.

Hi Jodil. OK, follow the link. The first page says, Shop here. Click on that, then see Specialty Spibelt. Click on that, among the Specialties is the Diabetic Belt. It's black, a little bigger than the original, and has a little slit to run the tube through.

I've had my Revel for nearly a year now. Been pumping for almost 5. Always a Minimed.
One of the things I've researched between the Revel and others is the alert levels. I like that Minimed will allow you to set different High and Low ranges for different times of the day. I have increased my ranges for over night. A good night sleep trumps being out of range a bit. You will hear about how Dexcom are supposedly so much better being dead on with the CGM. However, I believe that the accuracy of the Revel is quite good. Yes there are times when the CGM and Blood Meter readings are off, but you will see this with all of them.

Good luck!

I am brand new here. I have been comparing various pumps and I have it down to the Minimed Revel and the Omnipod. I have read great things about Medtronic. I received and wore the Omnipod sample pod for a few days and I did not mind it on my abdomen, but I wonder about putting it on other areas during rotation and the bulk of it. I am not thrilled with the tubing idea, but I figure if I can prick my fingers and take numerous shots daily, I can get used to the pump and the tubing. My doctor is convinced that it will help me feel better. I am all for that! As a mother and a wife and a busy woman, I just want to live my life. As healthy and as long as possible.

I have a Medtronic (Minimed) Paradigm Revel 723 and LOVE it. Although "brittle", my control has improved with A1c in the mid 6's. I was diagnosed Type 1 in 1970, and am a pumper since last May.

I started with the Mio Infusion Set which has an integrated self-inserter. Quick, easy, and painless. I changed to the Silhouette Infusion Set because 40 years of insulin injection left abdominal scar tissue which could bend the soft cannula (tiny tubing that inserts under the skin).

The Silhouette is manual insertion, which sounds scary, but after a couple of times is equally easy and painless. It inserts at a 45° angle so no problem with my scar tissue.

Medtronic Customer Service is outstanding, available 24/7, and very helpful and responsive. The on-line CareLink lets you upload your pump, print many useful reports, record your pump settings, and share the info with your medical team if you wish. Customer Service even sent me free samples of three types of Infusion Sets to try each type.

I highly recommend the Paradigm Revel and Medtronic. To repeat, I LOVE my Revel!

Best wishes and feel free to contact me,

John

I am awaiting delivery of my minimed 723 Revel. The paperwork churns through the system, insurance is coordinated, etc., etc. and I expect that I will have it shortly. By the end of February hopefully!

It has arrived! I am reading through all of the literature that came with it. Then, I will look at the online training at minimed's site. I meet with my one-on-one trainer next week, so that is when I will actually start wearing it.

Yesterday, I saw the dietician. Next week, I will also spend some time with the diabetes educator. My insurance company requires that I meet with all of these people before I start using the pump. ALSO, I have to meet with my doctor after a month of wearing it to see how its going.

Congratulations!!! I just started my paperwork for the Revel, and I'm so excited. On a side note, what color did you get???

Purple. I also ordered a skin from SkinIt. It arrived earlier this week.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service