Do you like it? Dislike it? Will it annoy people if I post these in all the categories? Maybe I should recuse myself from the categories that I don't post in? Which ones are those though? It seems like "general" would be a good place. Perhaps I should make the poll secret though? If you want to message me, feel free to do so.

If my email blows up, well, that's a risk I can run as I'm off last week and have minimal projects on my forecast. I'll run the poll maybe through Friday (1/2 day) and then see where we're at?

If you need to be "friends" to message me, the more the merrier.

Views: 698

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Still on the ship, heading home tomorrow, for some reason have a signal at sea? So...taking the opportunity to say again how much I DON'T like the categories. I'll elaborate from my 'real' puter where I can rype much more easily, but I feeel strongly that it separates the community. If I'm T1, I don't think, especially as a newbie, that I'd feel comfortAble posting in a T2 topic, and vice versa. Horrible Hanukah experience on the ship, more, later, elsewhere. (T1 forum? T2?)

I don't feel uncomfortable posting anywhere, probably because I put on my anthropological hat, and view EVERYTHING as a study -- what can I learn from these people, and what can I contribute? When I was a newbie to the then embryonic DOC, I asked a lot of questions, and when I felt comfortable enough to offer up a few answers, I got shot down dead by the wild and wooly atmosphere that was misc.health.diabetes in the olden days. Nowadays, it's much better, and I think the more newbies participate, whenever and wherever they feel comfortable, the better. Whatever the format design turns out to be, we all have to encourage everyone to get the most out of this place! :-)

It seems as if there's a whole bunch of new people or people I haven't seen before and I am still maintaining that the community would be better served to have the "one big page" option than the current Balkanized version. Admittedly, I am reading "Spies of the Balkans" right now but still, I think we should go back. I loathe being "conservative" like that but I don't see the benefit.

+1. Besides, it's a pain to scroll through all the categories looking for the latest posts/responses. I've had a few times when I wanted to post in more than one section - what to do? Separation of church and state may work, but separation of PWD by type... not for me. We have too much in common, too much to share and learn from each other.

Agreed. One of the best aspects of TuD is the sense that we're all in this together

For a late onset Type 1 who pumps and sometimes thinks about a CGM, I have to scan about 6 groups to search for relevant posts. Not fun.

I feel like there may have been conversations I was involved in that may have been "sorted" into the T2 "bin" which I haven't looked into too much because well, I'm not. I feel badly about it but not enough to go rummaging around.

The net effect of the redesign seems to be more clicks to get where you want to go as opposed to the old layout. Perhaps it wouldn't be that hard to provide a link to the old view of latest activity with no segregation of the catagories. I'd still use it.

I think it's beyond "more clicks" though as you lose some diversity by segregating "the community" into sub-communities. The sub-communities were always there and there was some sentiment that "sorting" would be nice in the pre-"adjustment" thread too but I don't agree with it. I guess I should have kvetched about it more there, when I had the chance but it wasn't a lot of people and I don't like picking on people that much. Unless they are mean.

Today I'm noticing how annoying it is (for me) to have to scroll through all the forum categories looking at dates to figure out what I haven't already seen. I'm beginning to totally ignore the categories as I scroll, if something interest me I'll go to it.

The only option to see things listed most recent first is the 'Latest Activity' box. The biggest problem, other than having to click so much, is that if I go to a discussion I have to go back and hit more tons of times again to get back where I was.

I guess I'd get used to whatever we end up with - TuD is worth it - but it really is a PITA.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service