I was diagnosed insulin-dependent T2 last xmas. My problem is, I am much more sick than well. My home and marriage are falling apart because I'm so rarely functional. My symptoms are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, extreme weakness (cannot lift head from pillow),shortness of breath, heavy feeling in my chest, and my feet become swollen at the ankles and very painful. My glucose is about 180 when I feel this way, again which is most of the time, which my dr seems to feel comfortable with. I'd say 5-6 days out of 7 are sick days. Sorry so long. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Thank you so much.

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey there honey, hope that they're getting your health sorted, that's so scary, I am glad you took the advice to go to the ER and I seriously hope that you are feeling a million times better.

Re; your husband kicking you in the back OMG!! I just want to give you a big hug, 'cyber' hugs will have to do. x x x
Hi everyone, I am very grateful to all of you. Thank you Sareln for saying my symptoms were troubling to you. That's why I got up and took action. I am eternally grateful.

I got home late yesterday and my diagnosis is that I've got congestive heart failure due to a very leaky valve (hence all the swelling) I took phen-fen (some will remember it) back in my early 20's, and it did a lot of damage. I was on it 6-8 months. I thought that wasn't a long time, but the dr says that was a eternity. I am hugely relieved to know WHY I haven't been functioning well or at all, I am running on a little over 40% heart function! So that's why my house is a mess!

Anyway, I have a nice cardiologist, and he actually completely changed my diabetes med regimen around in the hospital. Boy does it feel good to have tightly controlled blood sugar! Anyway, I will post again soon. I wanted to make sure I showed my gratitude to all of you at Tudiabetes. I feel ready to be very proactive about my health! Thank you so much again. Rachel
i'm so glad that you're ok sweetie. take care.
Good to hear from you, Rachel, and to know you are feeling positive. Don't let anything derail you from that and if you need support, here we are!
Glad you are feeling better and got some answers. Take care!
That is wonderful Rachel. Not wonderful that those things have happened to you, but wonderful that now you are getting the treatment you need and you feel better. Just remember that job one is to take care of you (emotionally and physically), not to clean the house or cook the meals.
Rachel, I am so glad you went to the ER and that you are now home and doing better. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Hang in there girl things will get better. You are on the right road. Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless!
That was a great update Rachel! I hope you continue to better and new regime works for you!
Good to know you are feeling better, and problems are identified!
Rachel, so glad you know whats going on. We have you in our prayers and thoughts. But what about the husband, is he treating you with respect? There are actions to take when one harms you. If you need, you can message me anytime and I'll respond anytime for you. Patti
I am really curious as to what your D regime is now after docs changed it while you were in the hospital. When you are feeling up to it please let us know what they changed it to.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service