Well, now that I'm almost completely out of Apidra (and can't any in the area), I need to go to the doc and get another prescription. I really like Apidra because for me, its done in 3 hours. Onset, could take an hour, meaning, it could take an hour to see a correction dose have any effect. Anyways, which do you use/prefer - Novalog or Humalog? Forgive the ignorance if one is clearly better, its been 2 years since I have looked at rapids.

Thanks, Jason

Views: 351

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been on Humalog since diagnosed, almost 10 years ago. I like it, and for me it peaks around the two hour mark and then it's pretty much done after that.

I've never tried Novolog, but I know many people love it.

From what I've read, they are pretty similar. If you're switching for a little bit, you might look at price, since they are so similar.

I'll often drop another 20-30 after the two hour mark. Grr.

I have never tried Apidra, but have used both Humalog and Novalog. For me, I did not notice any appreciable difference betwen Huma and Nova. They worked the same as far as I could tell.

The only rapid I've ever used is Humalog but, for me, it works exactly as you've described the Apidra working for you.

Thank you everyone for the replys. Its nice to know, that it doesn't feel as though there are big differences. I suppose I always thought that Apidra was supposed to be done a littel quicker, but I guess not. I'm going to give the Humalog a shot ;).

Thanks, Jason

Everything I've seen suggests that Novolog and Humalog are comparable. I have heard that Humalog is less resistant to heat. But everyone reacts differently and actually it is reasonable to try both. Most endo's will have samples and you could just try a pen of each and see how you react.

Hi Jason --

I've been on Novo for a couple of years now (5 maybe?...), but my Endo handed me a bunch of vials of Huma when I saw him recently and said, "You can try these out...", so I've been using that now. In a sense then, they are entirely interchangeable. I don't see any discernible difference between the two fast-acters. Make of that what you will, and remember with all things diabetes, YMMV.

There's no such thing as a dumb question... :)

/\/\

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service