Now Available in Canada: First Ever Blood Glucose Meter to Help Patients Identify Blood Glucose Patterns On-Screen

BURNABY, BC, Dec. 6, 2011 /CNW/ - Research indicates that the majority of patients on insulin self-report not achieving glycemic control. While regular self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) is an integral part of diabetes management, obtaining a single reading helps people using insulin make adjustments in the moment and does not help them identify trouble spots over time. Pattern management is a key practice that helps people living with diabetes - especially those taking insulin - identify these trouble spots, interpret, and act on high and low blood glucose patterns to make more informed adjustments and achieve better control. Canadians living with diabetes can now feel empowered to easily spot high and low blood glucose patterns with the new OneTouch® Verio™IQ System, now available in Canada. This features the first meter ever with PatternAlert™ Technology that looks for patterns of highs and lows and provides alerts right on screen, when it finds them.

The OneTouch® Verio™IQ System includes the Test Smart® Pattern Guide, a quick reference tool to help people living with diabetes interpret and resolve high and low patterns.

Read more...

Take a tour of the meter.

Tags: glucometer, management, technology

Views: 379

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Emily ,
and as well , Canadian Tu member HFXNS posted on November 10, 2011 at 8:05am in Type 1 Diabetes Forum
One Touch Verio IQ meter
with several comments....in BC at a cost of $ 44,00 ....

Indeed!  I hadn't seen that, and there IS some good conversation in that discussion!  Thanks Nel  :)

Here's the link to it, for those who'd like to check it out...

http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/topics/one-touch-verio-iq-meter

That's nice. Sounds Expensive
I still use the Old Fashion method of
-Writting down my BG readings thru out the day
-Total them up ever 24 hrs
- At the End of the Week, Total up each timeframe and divide by 7 to get my ave.
-I use a Highlighter Pen for any Highs or Lows as well or circle them
-And of course Download the meter.and get those Reports

Other than Usual Areas that I can and have Improved?
Everything else? Isn't Possible- their are just too many Varibles and situations that cannot be avoided
Otherwise? If you try ? You will become OCD about it and Cause alot of disappointments and frustrations.

The key fo rme is Knowing the Exact Amt of Carbs in what I'm eating .. With a 1-5 I:CR, i can be 5 carbs off and thus 1 unit Too Little or Too Much and causes the most problems

Other problem causing issues? Un Expected Physical Activity can drive me Hypo..very quickly.. I keep a Couple of Glucose tabs with me everywhere I go in a Little 2 tab Container.. that helps..

and of course, Getting your Ins. Co. to pay for those Expensive Strips is another Issue that not everyone Enjoys..

I think the pattern alerts are cool. I wish that feature would be incorporated into pumps (maybe the next Ping?). You can get the same results by downloading pump data and reviewing, but it would be nice to get it every time you test as a little nudge!

I don't like the white colour, though. I don't like any technology in white for some reason.

Since it looks like a sophisticated screen I was hoping it might say it had adjustable colour contrasts or fonts, but it didn't. I find black text on white really hard to read (too bright) and prefer white text on black. With more sophisticated screens, hopefully adjustable colour/font settings will come soon!

It's too bad it uses a different test strip than the Ping, otherwise I might try it.

Sure looks pretty..but is it accurate?

copied from our Canadian friend 's post : My Ontario Brother told me : very happy and his Team as well with this One Touch results ...the insulin intake is being recorded ...he ended up with a CAN $ 20,00 coupun towards the purchase .
I was told by the Reps in Toronto : 15 percent accuracy plus/minus compared to lab test

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service