I have been sick so I took some Advil cold & sinus . I took them at 4 PM and I just checked my BS and I am 367 .
Has anyone had this problem with Advil cold & sinus? It is really to late for me to take a correction I might go low while I am asleep . How long will it keep my sugar up ?

Thanks

Views: 719

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd go w/ the doc and sickness over sudafed. I take that all the time and it cranks me up a little bit but not that much. Sickness seems more likely in my experience. I don't bother asking my doctor about it, just watch it and sort of anticipate some highs.

Ok I did not take a correction factor before bed good thing because I was 136 when I got up this morning . Thanks for all of yall's help. I guess sometimes there is no reason other then just being sick . I feel better today !!!!

I was 250 again after lunch today. I don't usually run high like this often but even having a little bug (which I may have) in your system throws everything haywire. I've used sudafed before and never noticed anything but who knows. Sad thing is everything and anything can raise your sugar but the only thing that can lower it is insulin and sometimes exercise if you still have some insulin on board and are under 250. I know highs are horrible for us but the only reason I get freaked out over them is cause I feel like walking death. If I felt fine I'd just make the correction calmly and move on. Take into account I am not a very good patient. I don't test near as much as I should and still try to eat most of the things I enjoy rather then whats best for me.

It's the illness. Every time I get the least bit sick my BS sky rocket and I haven't taken any meds. Plus it takes twice as much to get it down. I've been feeling like I might be coming down with something for a couple weeks, not actually sick yet, and for the past couple weeks I've been fighting like heck to get and maintain a good blood sugar. (It knows before I do that I'm sick)I usually try and do a temporary basal for a few hours at a time, watch it closely and that seems to keep it under control

I took the advil all day yesterday and my sugar was not high and I feel much better this morning !!! So I guess it was the sickness or my lunch that was both high carb & high fat !! (I know I am a bad boy LOL). Because my BS was not high at supper time I did not think it was my lunch . I ate lunch at 11 AM and my BS did not go high until 7-8 PM.
I guess the fat slowed down the BS rise . Guess I will not be eating that very enjoyable meal again from what my mom says LOL man I am still hearing about it .
Thanks guys got to go to work !!! Glad advil cold doesnt make my sugar go up because they sure made me feel better

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service