our friend travis grubbs and i were discussing pet peeves and we thought i would be a great idea to start up a forum for it. i thought at first to just limit it to diabetes, but thought i would be even more fun to widen the spectrum. so from mild to wild. from something as easy as everyday peeves to even something as silly as what your dog did today. let's have some fun and lay em out there.

my first pet peeve is my family's love of using their forks to get butter out of the butter bowl. knowing that it drives me nuts.

now it's your turn....what's your pet peeve?

Views: 1624

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

forget about it doris and then it will turn up. when it's not what your looking for it appears. like magic. i can't tell you how often that has happened to me.
It hasn't yet. LOL! I tried that tactet just to get ask "Where's that necklace i gave you" I came up with "I got it hid away". Well not really a lie huh?? LOL!
LOL! That's good Judith "The Memory Sucking Field" I think it's took over here too. LOL!
memory??? what memory? i have no memory. my parents tell me i was born without one. my teachers agreed with them. my husband wishes he had been told about it before he married me and my kids never knew when they could mess with me or if i would actually remember that i had given them a no answer already. my kids not knowing that i have always been forgetful labeled me with old timers disease, even though at the time i wasn't old. well i guess old age is reletive. if your young 25 seems old and if your 75, 90 is old. ok what was i talking about? oh yeah, old age, no lost memory, ok i remember now, we were talking about teachers and how they would never forget if you did something stupid. oh crap i can't remember what we were talking about.
Hey, Doris, here's how it REALLY works: The Martian anthropologists are studying us, and when they find something interesting, they take it back to Mars in order to analyze it properly. Then, when they are done, they put it back where they found it. And THAT'S why, eventually, you will find it in a place where you looked a thousand times and it was never there.

As good an explanation as any, huh? :-)
I am with you Jen about sounds,,, I sometimes have to leave the room if I am around someone chewing! I think some people are more sensitive to sound. I beleive I am one of them and I get headaches very easily due to sounds.
My new #1 peeve is people who are sitting at red lights and don't go when it turns green because they are txting or emailing or playing "Angry Birds" or whatever. I usually yell "It's green" or "VERDE" out the window. It seems to be happening more regularly around here.
I have to OCR books I read into a format that I can load onto my refreshable braille display (like an e-reader but with braille instead), and the markups really mess up the OCR process. Otherwise, I'm sure some people's margin commentary could be really interesting to read alongside the text!
Pet peeves...

1. Finding jelly in the peanut butter jar.
2. Mustard or ketchup in the mayonaise.
3. Baked potato in the margarine.
4. Having one of my kids reading over my shoulder when I am on the computer and chewing in my ear.
5. 15 yr old boy farts! He on the other hand finds it hilarious to clear the room where even the dogs can't stand it!
6.Finding that my husband has just pulled up my basil plants claiming to have thought they were weeds.

As for the library books...I work in a library and one time caught a man writing in a book. I was just flabbergasted! What people do to library books is beyond a pet peeve. Some of them come back sooooo gross!!!

Sounds like I am just peeved doesn't it?
Just thought of another really BIG pet peeve.

If I am out to dinner with another person and they text at the table. That is so rude!
People chewing tobacco products and spitting.
being TOLD or expected i'm going to babysit, not asked.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service