So my husband and I just had our little one August 23rd 2011. We are trying to decide when would be the best time and how far apart our children should be because we don't like the 5 year difference between him and his step brother (my husband's son). At first we were looking into having another in 2 to 3 years. Well that would put me at 30. Well I heard pregnancy is harder when you are 30 or older. My friend who also just had a baby and is 30 but not diabetic had a rough pregnancy by not having any energy and being excessively tired and sick. Now we are talking about TTC after our baby boy turns 1 year old. Not sure how long that will take with me now being on the Mirena IUD.
So question 1) is it better to start TTC after our baby boy turns 1 or in 2 to 3 years?
Question 2) Is pregnancy harder when your 30 and older?
I know I'm 27 and this pregnancy was good. Sick in the beginning and finally got my energy back by 5th month. Had a few infections, issues with pre-term labor at 30 weeks and at 32 weeks was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. Delivered at 34 weeks and 1 day due to severe pre-eclampsia. My baby boy was in 17 days due to feeding issues. I had gotten the steroid shots for his lungs which I had to be on an insulin drip for.

Tags: 30, after, age, and, pregnancy

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was 30, 32, and 34 when my babies were born. All of my pregnancies were very easy and I felt great, although kind of big the last couple of months. I was not diagnosed with Type 1 until many years later, so was not dealing with insulin and testing. Your OB should be able to help you with this. Is TTC trying to conceive?

We are TTC and Ive just turned 37.. For some reason I was too scared to try and get pregnant but now I probably am completely nuts. Wish us luck..

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service