Hi All: I have been using a Paradign Revel since September 2011, and started (and am still using) the Mio Infusion Set. I use the 6mm cannula, 23' set. I like to wear my pump in my "upper butt" so it doesn't snag on clothing, or the boxes of books I cart around every day (I'm a librarian). Recently, I've noticed that when I change the site to my upper butt, the cannula kinks and I won't know there is a problem until hours and ketones later. I have a Quick Serter and a few sample sets. Would anyone recommend switching, and if so, why? Thanks!

Tags: Infusion, Mio, Quick, Serter, Set

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have not had that problem with the Mio's, although I did very badly with the quick sets. Have you tried the quick sets before?

Are you using any type of skin prep before insertion like skin tac? I use quick sets 6mm and had a problem with kinked cannulas this past summer. Once I stopped using skin tac before insertion the problem was solved. You may try doing site changes when you are able to immediately bolus as for covering food. That may clue you in quicker also if the site is bad if you do not have a normal response to carb intake with the bolus after the site change.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service