my input:
1.you pay more attention to the food you're actually putting in your mouth.
2. You have much better respect for the rest of the stuff your body just "does", even though your silly pancreas has given up..
3.The look on peoples faces when you whip out you injection pen? Or is this just me. I love it!

Views: 839

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought ^ was you! Kidding aside you can glue throw-up to me if it would get me off insulin.

Umm, yeah.

If all I had to do to get rid of my diabetes was wear a suit of vomit for a 10K, it be a done deal.

I don't think that's vomit? It's more that knowledge of GI things and carbohydrates gained through diabetes can, in turn, help avoid those sort of situations, portapotty pullovers, puking and other "issues" people "run into" at races? I read a cycling magazine once that was sort of gushy about how useful it would be for Team Type One to have CGMs and kind of lamented that you needed an RX and diabetes to get your hands on one since, of course, cyclists who blow $1500 on wheels for a $7000 frame would think little of dropping couple grand on a CGM?

Okay,

If all I had to do to get rid of diabetes was crap my shorts and run a 10K, it would be a done deal.

I dunno, 10K is a blast to run, I'd *hate* to have a GI disorder that made me unload to run them. Diabetes, I have about 15G of carbs and clear out the IOB and I'm good to go!

excellent!

When I ran the Ottawa marathon I "Smelled" a guy who had done this....then we saw him - from the back yup he crapped himself. I finished the race feeling great because I carried enough food and fluid with me. Without diabetes I probably would have risked it and only used the water stations (and please those dixie cups do NOT give you nearly enough fluid).

alrighty let me see here...

I don't freak out about blood. my reaction to a bad cut is more "Gah!" than "AHHHH!"
I don't freak out over needles
no one thinks I'm a mean person for laughing at other people who are scared of needles :)
I know much more about the human body than most people
I can do mental math faster than math majors. (though they can kick my butt in calc)

I would still give all this up to be cured though...

Hey! thanks for your input, made me smile! I know everyone would like to be rid of this stupid illness, but until that day comes, its great seeing people find some positives! x

Being able to play "the D-card".

So true! 'I'm so sorry that I haven't done my homework, but I have diabetes!'
A guarantee for succes ;)

LOL -- "Normally I'd be happy to help you move, but I have to take a yummy nap and then eat a snack because...I have diabetes." Heh.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service