This morning was weird. As I was drawing up my last daily dose of Lantus, I felt as if I was saying good-bye to an old friend.  Or maybe I should call it a partner.  For the past ten years of my 38 years with Type 1,  I have used Lantus.  I remember the day when the Doctor said to try this new insulin.  The Dr. referred to it as a injectable type of pump. A basal insulin.  He explained the long acting vs. short acting and so on.......  Lantus has served me well. Prior to Lantus I was 70/30 and before that was NPH.  I did not like those friends so much.  They were like roller coasters. Wow things have changed over the years. 

A new adventure is about to start with my Diabetes.  I go live with insulin with my "new friend" the insulin pump in the morning.  April 27, 2010 is going to be a new day for me.  Am I scared, nervous, anxious, freaking a little?  You betcha I am.  The same way that felt when I started with my old friend Lantus.

I realize that we sometimes need to have are old friends around us to support us.  And I know that it will be as close as the Butter Compartment. Thank You Lantus for being a good friend, partner.  

Tags: MDI, Pump, insulin, lantus

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha! I said goodbye to my Lantus about a year ago. I was SO ready to say goodbye! I took Lantus every night for years at 10pm. Nearly every night, I'd be tired, and SO annoyed that I had to shoot it up. Funny though, still every now and again, around 10 o'clock, or later, I think "oh no, I forgot my lantus!" and have a small panic for a split second. Then I remember, and LOVE it :) Enjoy your pump and the freedom!!
I hope to be joining you soon. I can't wait to say goodbye to my "friend". Although I am happy he was with me all these years. Maybe it is my "friend" the needle I hate the most. Wish my Dr. would hurry up and fill out that darn medical necessity form.

JJ
annoy them, it can work
Which pump did you end up going with? And I'm curious what was the one thing that you liked the most that made you choose it?

Thanks,
Michael
Medtronic 723. I felt that i read everything possible on both Animas and Medtronic. You ask why? they have a cgms all in one system. I am not on the cgms yet. I just did not want another attachment.
Thanks, that's exactly the info, I'm looking for. :-)
omnipod- tubeless got me
Congrats on pumping. Lantus is so much better than previous insulins and pumping is so much better than Lantus!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service