it keeps me in balance and evens out my numbers when i need it too as long as i do it in the right way whether it be smoking it eating it..anybody have any info about the sweet herb and the diabetes?

Views: 294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you have never tried pot before, I would smoke it first before eating. As bubbaluv said, the high is much harder to control. And with the stuff I imagine they have in Amsterdam, 2-3 hits and you'll be so stoned, it will be hard to move from your seat for a couple of hours. If you eat it, you may end up being uncomfortably stoned, much higher than 2-3 hits.

Also, I'm not sure I would trust anyone in regards to how high you would get. Its completely different for everyone, and pot, like alcohol, you can build up a tolerance.

Oh yeh, and use a bong. I always loved smoking out of a bong (I think thats the spelling)

Boom biddy bye bye,
Jason
Amsterdam= hookah!
Yes! Its been a while and I completely forgot about the hookah. Go with that!
I'll tell you what I did and how it was when I'm back. For now, thanks for all your input and greetings from Amsterdam! (The weather is great and the city is beautiful!)
Why not combine the best of both worlds? The van gogh museum post brownie could be fun.

Other Pink Floyd headphone classics from back in the day.

Echos (from the days when it took a whole side on vinyl for just one song )
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun (they just don't have song titles like that any more)
Careful with the Ax Eugene (a tad darker than the first two selections)
Echoes has always been my favorite. :)
In case anyone is interested, here my experiences: I had about half a muffin, which I guess was a pretty low dose as I experienced almost nothing from it. What I did experience however, was a really scary low bloodsugar. I had lowered my basal rate to 80% when I ate the muffin (expecting both to take effect about two hours later), as a precaution. The low hit me after two hours and made me drink lemonade for an hour (using something like a 20/20 rule). Seriously, it must have been 80-100gr of carbs.
So maybe the body gets used to it after a while, but for any first timer, I really recommend being prepared for lows.
I don't know about pot - I don't see the need for it. But what worries me on this post is how many people smoke. Please, please STOP. I lost a sporty, energetic friend to smoking and diabetes in his 30s. It just accelerated all the basic complications and he died a sad drawn out death. If you want eye problems, kidney failure, neuropathy, heart problems, a stroke or two, erectile dysfunction (men only) and heart failure then go ahead smoke.

35 is not as far away as you think. And once the damage is done........
Well while smoking anything is bad for you, a few things

1) There has been multiple studies of cancer and pot and still no link has been found between the two
2) THC acts as a vasodilator which actually opens up your blood vessels as posed to tobacco which constricts them'
3) I hate the mis conception of pot smokers in general, I have been smoking since high school through college and through my current career roughly 4-5 times a week after work. I'm 26, in the highest tax bracket and don't "waste" my life or am not "functional" because I smoke.

Look at it as someone who has a glass of wine after work to relax, weed is the same thing a few tokes to relax its recreational and calming. As to its affects on blood sugar, I can tell you a few times the munchies from it has caused me to be high at night after eating food I shouldn't have...but overall my AIC's are still in the Mid 5's.
vasodialator= "golden ticket"? Hmmmm, I have read that it helps neuropathy as well...
it does in a sense, opening blood vessels allows more blood to flow in...my biggest problem with MJ is when I smoke and I do go low I usually can't feel it until the 40's. However with CGM that is no longer a problem
Just recently a diabetic but have a medical card from nerve damage from breaking my neck and bruising my spinal cord snowboarding so i smoke quite a bit , anywhere from 2 to 20 times daily depending on how im feeling. I find that it has no direct affect overall on my blood sugar one way or another if i (havent smoked, just smoked, smoked a while ago.) The "munchies" dont really affect me either so no worries their. Also enrolled in a drug trial (RETAIN) and their was no concern with interactions of medication. Acctually just got my a1c, 4.9. Dont now if its my honeymoon, the trial drug, good control or what but im happy and not changing a thing.

Also hate misconception of "pot heads", dealt with it much in high school (people being SHOCKED when they found out my grades sat/act score) and currently i'm double majoring in business and environmental science at a very reputable university. Really do get tired of people assuming im in a rut with my life or something.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service