Over the last few days I started testing my sugar levels again and In general I just don't feel well and haven't for years. It goes way beyond feeling tired and lethargy. Its just very disturbing to say the least. Kind of equivalent to having a severe cold. The catch is this was documented at a 150 sugar. I was at work the other day and felt a little low which I apparently wasn't. I had 10 carb grams and felt the spike instantly like someone injected poison into my body. I got home and checked my level and was a whopping 150. I get these symtoms often and though its above normal I feel like death from it. I also just read something interesting about Bret Michaels that when he becomes intimate he boosts his level up to 200 which he claims increases his stamina. At 150 I'm ready to jump out of my own body. How could we have the same disease? I've yet to come in contact with any other diabetic that goes through what I do especially at the levels I do. I feel like I have nowhere to turn as we all know its virtually impossible to keep the sugars fluctuating in the normal range. I really need help but I don't know who to call or what to do anymore? My body knows where the levels are supposed to be and doesn't like it any other way. This is just beyond depressing. Are you listening GOD!

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i feel fine at 300 plus because i've decided to stop taking my medicine (not saying its right) I feel that to handle diabetes you have to be emotionally ready for it, but that's impossible unless you start being diabetic. Which is my struggle, starting everything at once i'm becoming more aware of how i'm committing suicide just by not checking or taking my insulin, but i guess it's like anything else. You deal with it and you handle it, because nobody else is going to get the answer for you you have to find it yourself.
Not meaning to give you a hard time & care what the swings from 60-300 are doing to you emotionally & physically. Better pain to your fingers than to your organs & spirit.

The days I feel the worst are the ones with huge fluctuations. If you test to catch high & lows, you will feel much better by correcting them.
Yeah, this is why I mentioned the Hypothyroidism, earlier... because these are just classic symptoms of thyroid illness... that exhaustion, and even making sort of 'okay' numbers feel like they are three times as worse...
Yes I agree. Check for Gluten Intolernace or Celiac. I just got checked for that. Came back positive... After a little time withour Gluten, very hard to do, I feel like a kid again. can sllep the whole night. Stomach is better. Sugars are better. Skin better....
Ok, I've been working hard on my bg's now for a few weeks. I mean tweeking etc.
I have been waking up in the 240 to 270 range and don't know why. My endo increased my rate, I'm a pumper.
I can go to bed at 200 which is high, but will wake up at 270. What's with that?
Last night I had a protein shake for dinner. We have our large meal at 2 pm as we are on "winter shifts". We get up at 3 am. I woke up this morning at like 250 or something. Any ideas people?
Now, the night before I concentrated on having a high protein dinner. Bacon, eggs, low carb toast and some fruit.
I woke up in the morning with a bg of 160.
Also, two hours after our big meal of the day I'll be 160 or something and will lay down for a nap with my hubby. A couple of hours later, I'll be 260 or 300 or somthing rediculous. I feel like I'm playing catch up lately.
I have even been working on exercise at least 30 minutes a day trying for 5 times a week.
I know this is a short summary in a nutshell, but anyone else have these kinds of issues?
I have been told that I am insulin resistant. Also when I change my site, or it goes bad, I often fight highs for a while.
I am on a thyroid med and my levels seem to be good according to my endo.
I've no idea, but maybe you can increase your chances for answers when opening a new topic?

@Gary: Now I finally get what the problem is. :) I definitely agree with Lizmari and Carrb12000, you should check for that. Also reconsider a pump - there are still some fluctuations in the effect of basal insulins that one can never predict and that can change from day to day.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service