Do any syringe companies (brand/generic) make U-100 syringes with half unit markings??? Tried google, bing searches but get nothing useful... my local pharmacy does not know 8 O kinda doubt BD would tell me if a competitor made what Im looking for and they did not...

Anybody using a (U 100) syringe that have half unit markings >: D

Stuart

Tags: 1/2, U100, dose, low, manufactured, syringes, unit

Views: 452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pharmacists don't take shots so they don't know these details :-). But they love to tell customers they don't exist!

What you want the pharmacy to order, is BD catalog number 328440. The half-unit markings are available only on the short (8mm) needle 3/10cc syringes.

http://catalog.bd.com/bdCat/viewProduct.doCustomer?productNumber=32...

Also, Relion has 3/10 cc syringes all of which have half unit markings. And because it is Walmart, they are cheap, $12.58/100.

Hello Brian:

Thank you for the information. Any idea what LENGTH the Relion 3/10cc needle is? The half inch is necessary, unfortunately...

I believe the 29 gauge is available in 1/2 inch length, but please check with Wally World.

You don't need half-unit markings - just do it by eye. I use 3/10 ml (30 unit max) syringes. They are marked only on exact unit measures, but the marks are far enough apart that I can estimate anywhere inbetween and sometimes will especially when doing corrections. Besides exact unit measure I will sometimes go for: "slightly over", "one third", "one half", "two thirds", "slightly under".

This is one reason I prefer syringes over pens. (And they are half inch).

I agree completley. On MDI I would often eyeball out a half a unit and it worked quite well.

Hello Jag:

Understood, much is done by "eyeballing" and best guess... but know how bad all our toys are -brief grimace-, but many believe them anyway... sigh.

Yes, I use Sure Comfort ordered from American Diabetes Wholesale http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com/. Great service. Inexpensive, no tax & free shipping with a $100 order. Cheaper for me than buying BD with insurance co-pay. I refuse to buy anything at Wal Mart, the evil empire.

I use  BD U-100 Insulin Syringes 31g 8mm 3/10cc 1/2 unit markings for corrections.They are small, very smooth operating , and easy to handle.

Part No. : 328440 UPC : 382908440011...Walgreen brand is #653532 about 2/3 the price of the BD brand.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service