Here are the top 23 favorite low-carb snacks as they appear on another diabetes site. Do you have any to add?

Peanut butter
Cheddar cheese
String cheese
Cottage cheese
Broccoli with melted cheese
Salad with free veggies and low-carb dressing
Tomato and mozzarella salad
Celery with peanut butter
Fresh berries with low-fat plain yogurt
Veggies with hummus
Cucumbers with olive-oil and rice vinegar
Carrot sticks
Snap peas with Caesar dressing
Radishes with tzatziki
Green beans cooked and cooled with lemon juice
Nuts
Sautd Spinach
Pickles

Rotisserie chicken
Deli meat
Pepperoni and cheese
Beef jerky
Hard boiled eggs

More resources about low carb snacks and recipes for people with diabetes:
(Note added by Admin Team)

Tags: food, low-carb, snacks

Views: 141542

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whoa, 20-21 carbs per bar is hardly a low carb snack. All that sweetener! Can't see this as a healthy snack for diabetics. It's practically pure sugar--low GI or not.

Mix together chopped nuts, cocoa powder, peanut butter, coconut flakes & flax seeds for a far healthier high fiber, low carb bar at a fraction of the cost.
This sounds great!!! I will definitely have to try it but of course I will modify it like I do every recipe I try. I don't really care for peanut butter but really like almond butter or sesame tahini. Thanks for the great tip!
20-carbs peanutbar is good when our son´s bg goes down (under5 but not under 3 or 4 yet) while he´s running all over yard, that bring bg up slowly enough and give energy to continue running... but low carb diet I don´t think those are not good thing...
there is many "diet bar´s" which are really carbsbombs.... so is "dietschoklad...it´s same carbs than originally and taste is awfull..
These my opinions....
But original sandwich with tomatoslice and little bit cheese on it runs still better than bars but those one-packed bars are easy put in son´s pocket and then he must not come home for eating, he can joy playing and bg is ok, and so I have no extra heart jumpings while he´s playing...=)
I guess it would not be a good idea for him to run around with a tomato sandwich in his pocket!
Gerri, you never fail to amaze me. This nut, PB, coconut snack sounds fantastic! Ill toss in some powdered sweetener to solidify the PB a bit and walla! granola snacks!
Aaww, you're making me blush. Wrote that a while ago! I don't use flaxseeds any more. Problems associated the estrogenic effects of flaxseeds. Several countries have banned flaxseeds for human consumption. I now use chia seeds. Superior taste & no health risks.
Gerri,

I never heard of Chis seeds and was just learning about flaxseed meal and was considering trying. Thanks for the warning of the estrogenic effects. But when i look up chia seeds, i see references to drinks and gels which claim to help in weight loss, provide energy and displace coffee from the diet. Are they also used as a meal to replace flour ?
Chia seeds aren't sold ground, at least that I've seen. I grind them in an eelctric coffee grinder & use the meal in baking (1/4-1/2 cup) along with almond flour & coconut flour. Very light delicate flavor. Adds a ton of fiber & healthy oils. I've also used as a thickener.

I too love chia seeds. Do the flax seeds raise or lower estrogen? I know that soy is loaded with estrogen, in fact I try to keep it away or in moderation from my men folk (not wanting to upset their balances.) But I never heard anything about flax.

Gerri,
This sounds great~ Would you add this to Low Carb Recipe Swap?
Debra

I would love to try a variety pack.... Great site!!!! :)

Lora :)
veggie-fruit plates with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, strawberries, melons

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service