Here are the top 23 favorite low-carb snacks as they appear on another diabetes site. Do you have any to add?

Peanut butter
Cheddar cheese
String cheese
Cottage cheese
Broccoli with melted cheese
Salad with free veggies and low-carb dressing
Tomato and mozzarella salad
Celery with peanut butter
Fresh berries with low-fat plain yogurt
Veggies with hummus
Cucumbers with olive-oil and rice vinegar
Carrot sticks
Snap peas with Caesar dressing
Radishes with tzatziki
Green beans cooked and cooled with lemon juice
Nuts
Sautd Spinach
Pickles

Rotisserie chicken
Deli meat
Pepperoni and cheese
Beef jerky
Hard boiled eggs

More resources about low carb snacks and recipes for people with diabetes:
(Note added by Admin Team)

Tags: food, low-carb, snacks

Views: 143475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure Michael, maybe a combo of the three?
thanks
Richard - Only the good die young!

Cheers to You Good Man~
If you can do it, so can the rest of us!

Cashews have a lot of carbs in them compared to other nuts. I don't even buy them for this reason. Walnuts and almonds are 2 of the best. I use pecans as well.

Cool, I will have 2 substitute 1 of those Nstead of cake next time........
Thanks for the post, Richard...Do you - or anyone else - have trouble w/peanut butter? I have tried all brands including the natural that you stir. I don't eat more than a T per serving but seems like the fat still sticks with me. I would love to incorporate it more if anyone has any suggestions
I have trouble with peanuts and peanut butter. Peanuts are not a nut, they are a legume and I can't eat those lentils and stuff. Took me a month to find this out as I was certain sure that peanuts and peanut butter were a good thing to eat. Ha!
I agree, I have to take insulin every time I eat peanuts or peanut butter. I can eat almonds with no problem. Peanuts are my favorite though.
I have the same issue: peanuts, but not almonds, raise my blood sugar. The rise from peanuts is verrrry gradual, but it definitely makes me high. They would be a great food to eat if I had to go without food for, say, 12 hours.
taco salad with melted cheese, salsa and raw onion (meat only, no beans for low carb) over shredded lettuce or on an endive or Romaine leaf. New one she likes large strawberries (3 or 4) sliced in half with cool whip center, but eaten when it is frozen.
That is a good choice Jan. I eat that kind of salad frequently.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service