I know it’s often hard to watch a loved one stab themselves with a needle, hook themselves up to multiple devices or watch their mood swings happen with their sugar.
So I wanted to point out a few advantages to your mate having Diabetes. Below, find the top 5 reasons to Date/marry a Diabetic.
1) When their sugar is normal, they never steal your half of the cheese cake, pie, chocolate pie ect…
2) Awesome pickup lines including: “Hey baby… I’m hypoglycemic… come over and give me some sugar.”
3) Free excuse for being late or leaving early…. “So sorry… he (she) forgot his (her) insulin!”
4) Whenever they are grumpy/mean, you can forgive them easily and blame it on high sugar.
5) They always know where the closest stash of Oreos are… and they also can tell you in an instant how to find a diet cokes…
If you have any other great ones - comment on my blog - www.howsyoursugar.com
Founder - http://www.howsyoursugar.com
Cheep date...we never eat or drink much.
The down side is if we don't like where your taking us we might just say "My BG is high I think I will just stay home".
My wife figured this out years ago and now she demands to see my meter....;-(
Love it wife agrees with number 4
I had a plan. I did this all by stealth. I wasn't diabetic when we were dating or when we got married. That was years afterwards. Problem is...she thinks I did this on purpose.
Okay the part above about my wife is not true. She has seen this post so there is no reason to put comments on her profile...lol.
I have used at least 3 of them.
Of course, the down side for women in a relationship with a diabetic man is that he will be forever stashing things in your purse for you to carry for him -- the upside is that sometimes these things will be jellybeans -- and you can snitch one. Heh.
That's so true. When Mrs Stemwinder and I go out I always stash my carry kit in her purse that way I don't have to leave it in a hot car. The alternative is to carry an insulated lunch box with an ice pack because I just can't make myself carry a man bag.
Unfortunately for my wife there are no jelly beans only glucose tabs. I just can't trust myself to not eat the jelly beans.
I hear you Gary. If I buy a pound of jellybeans, they are mysteriously "gone" (ahem!) in a day or two. I started buying the nastiest glucose tabs I can find just for that reason!
I just keep sachets of table sugar (filched from restaurants) for just that reason! Can't have anything yummy or it will be gone when it's needed... not to mention that my children will find and eat them....
Here are my reasons:
5) They can smuggle drinks and food through TSA airports claiming it is medically necessary.
4) They can order substitutes at restaurants for you that you would never get otherwise. I'll have the grilled asparagus instead of the french fries "cause I have diabetees."
3) They aren't usually a drunk since large amounts of alcohol does really bad things to a diabetic.
2) You will never take them for granted, because having diabetes always reminds of how precious life is.
and my top reason:
5) Chances are, your diabetic significant other will be more thoughful about their health than a non-diabetic. I am often shocked by how many non-diabetics don't give a single thought to the issue.
Oh TSA... every time I go through the imager they have now they freak the heck out.
I calmly say... I have 2 medical implants and I point at them.
Then they go ok.. now I just have to make sure they're not explosives... And they always look so nervous...
By that point, they've usually forgotten about the coke I have in my hands!
Founder - www.howsyoursugar.com