Dear members of the TuDiabetes family,
We are finally sporting our new look and feel on TuDiabetes. Here's a list of some of the things that changed:

• The top navigation has been simplified. We reduced the number of options within each category, removed some categories (such as "Resources", which really was a big mish-mash of things) and brought back the Events category, given the popularity of this section on the site and the fact that we will be hosting monthly video-chat events on the community.
  • We made the secondary navigation (previously in the form of blue buttons on the top left of the page) a bit more self-evident, to help guide the way for people arriving to the community for the first time (more than 50% of the people that come to the site are first-timers). Each of the eight resource pages linked from there serves as a hub consisting of the top content about the topic it covers (type 1, type 2, etc.) within the community plus a few additional links about the topic we believe to be worth your time.
  • The rotating banner we used to have at the top of the middle column is now at the top of the left column.
  • We have moved a few other things around: the popular content has been moved up to the left column, just below the Members box; all the items that used to be listed under "About Us" in the top navigation (such Help, New Member Guide, Our Values, etc.) are now accessible within the footer.
  • Also, we changed the color palette of nearly all elements on the site, trying to offer you a web site that is easier on the eye and easier to read.

All decisions to move things around, what to feature more (or less), which sub-categories to include within each navigation category (where applicable), have been rooted on data of site usage for the past year.

A couple of other things:

• The TuDiabetes logo has changed. The new version is cleaner and feels fresher (we hope you will agree!) :)
  • We have also tried to make the connection between TuDiabetes and Diabetes Hands Foundation (the nonprofit responsible for the community) more obvious.

As announced at the beginning of the year the personal profile pages have now been reset to match the same look and feel of the home page. Please follow the instructions on this tutorial if you want to experiment with giving your profile page a personal touch.

If you have any questions or if you are seeing anything abnormal (things that do not looking OK on your browser), please report the issue by replying to this topic or use the "Contact Us" form at the footer. Where possible, please include a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing.

Tags: redesign

Views: 816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Profile Page doesn't seem to have a comment box -- odd!

Defantly not my day for the computer or spelling here. LOL! But anyway to answer Manny & jrt back. Yes I kinda belive u jrt, Manny I figured it out! LOL!

Hi again. I see the comment wall, but I don't see a box for someone to use to leave me a comment. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Can't find my comment box either.

OK gotta say this...You guys are sooooo far over my head! LOL! I gotta get my daughter in here to explain all u guys have said on these pages to me! LOL!

I know this is an old discussion, but it's still perhaps the best place to ask: did the lines that separate replies (and replies to replies) get lighter? It's easy to tell which replies are nested beneath others when the writings are short (as in page 1 of this thread), but in other discussions, like this one, where the replies are long, it's kind of hard to see whose profile pics are indented and to follow the arrows to see what is a reply to what. I find myself squinting and looking at odd angles to follow the flow of the conversation. Maybe those lines would be better off as a darker gray... or is it just me?

I saw that too! I was like "ok, did Sarah Howells agree with Holger, that a pump guarantees that DKA will devour your self image, or Type1Gal that she's concerned about it or me, that she doesn't own ketone testing gear...". Not that it's good or bad either way but it was a bit confusing?

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service